Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

redline 5w30 synthetic $11-12 per litre suitable for 2012 euro?

Hi I should have asked before I purchased 24 litres hahah, but just checking that 5w30 redline synthetic should be okay for use in new Euro for changes between dealer services?

It works out $11-12 per quart shipped to AUS from amazon at the moment when you buy 12 quarts, seems very cheap compared to $20-$30 prices in Australia.

Apparently its quite thick and more like 5w-38, I am in Brisbane so just wondering if this grade will be okay in the heat?

Any input welcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by eurasian View Post
    Hi I should have asked before I purchased 24 litres hahah, but just checking that 5w30 redline synthetic should be okay for use in new Euro for changes between dealer services?

It works out $11-12 per quart shipped to AUS from amazon at the moment when you buy 12 quarts, seems very cheap compared to $20-$30 prices in Australia.

Apparently its quite thick and more like 5w-38, I am in Brisbane so just wondering if this grade will be okay in the heat?

Any input welcome.
    Between dealer services? Dealer uses 10w-40 or 5w-30, you will be fine.

your oil will last twice as long as your crappy dealer oil if not more.

Yes it's Bloody good oil.

Get your dealer to use your own redline instead. Dealer oil = wombat piss compared to what you got.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Yeah was thinking about changing at 5k instead of wating for 10k dealer change. But as you have said I should get them to use it as well. On reading a bit more I am thinking of getting somthing with a lower startup viscosity ie 0W20 to mix with it 3-1 to make the overall starting viscosity lower so less damage is done on starts. I have emailed redline, be intresting to see what they have to say. I am thinking the 5w38 is a bit rough on starting viscosity sitting at around 60 by memory.

Also the oils on amazon only have free US shipping but it only cost $8 shipping for 12 quarts which is basicly nothing, would certianly be under cost. They have bulk royal purple and other brands cheap as well.
    Last edited by eurasian; 14-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yeah was thinking about changing at 5k instead of wating for 10k dealer change. But as you have said I should get them to use it as well. On reading a bit more I am thinking of getting somthing with a lower startup viscosity ie 0W20 to mix with it 3-1 to make the overall starting viscosity lower so less damage is done on starts. I have emailed redline, be intresting to see what they have to say. I am thinking the 5w38 is a bit rough on starting viscosity sitting at around 60 by memory.

Also the oils on amazon only have free US shipping but it only cost $8 shipping for 12 quarts which is basicly nothing, would certianly be under cost. They have bulk royal purple and other brands cheap as well.
    Send me the Amazon link lols.

Otherwise, do not mix it with 0w-20. You only need 0w-XX if you have -0"C starting temps.

Redline would have addictives to aid to the protection, and full-syn oil flows a lot faster/better, so I wouldn't worry about the 60 viscosity at cold start... Considering how warm our climate is.

5k is only 3500 miles or so, redline lasts 10,000miles or more, any more frequent change is just waste of money if you dont so track days IMO.

I had 5w-30 before, it starts just fine. Just leave car warm up for at least 1/2 a 1 min on a cold start before you move, that's all.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 14-02-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Redline 5w30 for $125 US plus $8 us postage to AUS

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-5W30-...9226874&sr=8-1

Royal Purple 5w30 5 gallon for $163 I havnt tried but postage may be really cheap as well as from amazon (they have really low postage on some large heavy items, it shouldnt cost $8 to send 11 litres of oil lol).

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-0...9226971&sr=1-1

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    ..postage comes to $95 thru amazon on 5 gallon

yeah just tried all other oils even redline packs but they all cost $60-$90 for shipping, I just bought two more 12 quart packs from that top link at $8 shipping each, must be a pricing error but they are going through and first order is shipping now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    yeah just tried all other oils even redline packs but they all cost $60-$90 for shipping, I just bought two more 12 quart packs from that top link at $8 shipping each, must be a pricing error but they are going through and first order is shipping now.
    LoL... Will do the same $5.42 shipping! Purchased

I worked out why, they have postage weight listed as 1 pound, should be 25 lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    I worked out why, they have postage weight listed as 1 pound, should be 25 lol
    sshhhhhhh

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    How much oil do you need per oil change?
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    I just clicked place order without thinking..!!!!!!
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD