Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi

Bit of a bind with H22A transplant and AC. MUCH HELP NEEDED!

Hi all. I'm in the final stages of finishing this wretched engine drop in to my EG3. The AC bracket I have is the one made by Innovative and it was brought in by the shop who was suppose to finish the drop for me. The issue is, I have a D13B AC compressor and the pulley is too short so the belt it uses crosses over to the main drive belt for the alternator and power steering.

Is there a particular length difference from the compressor housing to the pulley? That is, between the one I have, and the one out of an EK D16Y1? The reason why I ask this, is because the bracket I have is apparently only meant for EKs with a H drop (which I only found out after I got the car back). If anyone can shed some light on this, it'd be much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18C Leyland Mini
    Since no-one else is jumping in.... I shall make a dazzling leap out of the Noob forum.
    I cannot answer your question directly, as I don't know the distance, but how I measured mine was to wrap non-stretchy string around the pulleys instead of the belt, tie it off so it's tight, cut the string & measure the length, then go to whatever shop you get your belts from & start hassling them. That method should get you within 5-10mm or so of the correct belt, but you might have to buy one either side of the length you think you need, depending on how much adjustment you have. Spending money is just another joy of engine conversions, as you will have found by now.
    If the belt is crossing over, then are the pulleys in line? From your description it sounds like the belt is jumping out of the pulley over to another pulley. If this is the case, then you better fix the alignment first, or you will always have problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Heya mate, thanks for the reply bud. Nah it's not the length of the belt as i've def got the right one but thanks for the suggestion either way haha
    The problem is the AC pulley is lining up with the alti, ps and crank pulley, which it shouldn't. The AC should be by itself on the outer splines on the main crank pulley. So it's an alignment problem, but not because it's out of alignment, but because the compressor is literally too short to reach the outer splines lol

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18C Leyland Mini
    That's a hassle then. Probably only have a few choices. 1 - Buy a new AC compressor that's long enough to get the pulley in the right place, 2 - Alter the bracket holding it to make the pulleys line up, or 3 - Move the bracket sideways to make it line up.
    I dunno how much room you have to do any of that, but it's my 2 cents worth. If you end up making your own bracket, which isn't that hard to do since you already have one in front of you, then ffs clean it up & paint it shiny black so it doesn't look home made. Sounds like you will have enough attention from RTA without putting a big rusty sign in the engine bay saying "Home Made Mods Here!!!!".

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    LOL true. BUT, some good news. Found out my compressor from the D13b breeze is a 4 spline, and the new ones are 5 splines (which I need from an EK). Plus, all the auxiliaries are SUPPOSE to line up (alti, ac) with the main crank. The powersteering is by itself DOH! F*** i'm a dumb arse. Figured this out now. Please close!