Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Vtec Light

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car

DIY: Vtec Light

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Do at own RISK=
    OZHINDA TAKES NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR YOUR ACTIONS
    IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND DO NOT ATTEMPT-
    I AM NOT LIABLE FOR THINGS BLOWING UP ETC
    DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME IF YOUR CAR BLOWS UP or VTEC "FALLS OFF"

tools: sumthing to cut wire ^_^
    A 12 Volt globe
    wire stripper
    shring wrap or wiring tape
    if you want solder n soldering ion
    a couple of meters of cable (not too thick )
    anything else you require eg, for the ground -

ok easy-
    Step 1--- Find your VTEC SOLENOID wire (usually a single wire in the engine bay) most people know where it is, if not do a search on the net ^_^
    OR
    Find your VTEC wire from the ECU

Step 2--- Find a suitable spot to ground, and also a suitable spot to mount the globe/light

Step 3--- Strip some of the wire from either cables.. only 1 necessary.

Step 4--- measure qire required, Attatch new wire to VTEC wire-

Step 5--- connect the wire to globe
    -----to vtec solinoid or sumthing
    VTEC WIRE ----split____GLOBE______GROUND

----- is original wire VTEC
    _____ new wire

Step 6--- Wire it all up make sure car is warm, start it up, give it a test without completely soldering etc ur globe or mounting it yet... incase bad ground etc.

Step 7--- YUP put da light sumwhere safe to see while driving so u dont take eyes off road. or have sum1 in da car with you ^_^

Step 8--- Confirm everything and make it semi/fully permanent- mount globe etc.

FULLY SICK MATE--- VTEC comes on quite early on an accord btw after 2800 if u flat foot it- yup its true---watch the light-

Happy VTEC'ing
    Dundas
    Last edited by wynode; 26-02-2005 at 10:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    some pics would've been good.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Does this work on Auto VTECs ?
    Just heard that it uses a different wire or something, and if you do it, the vtec light is constantly on..

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 STi
    if i take pics, you will post right?

ill take some pics 2morrow ^_^ umm Mr Toe ummz, ill give to u--- via ummz, msn or sumthing.. oops, btw its -DUNDAS- ^_^ <------ signature move ^_^

for the question from tripitaka- VTEC LIGHT well i wouldnt have a clue mate-
    LOL well, all i knowis that it worked on my car-- eg, used a vtec controller to see vtec shift points nd at 3500rpmit worked ^_^...
    noticed on da accord, it comes on early at stock vtec engegement ^_^

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    This guy....Too much jibberish....To hard to understand....Should use pictures so we can understand whats going on a bit more.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    cant_____seem to _______________UNDERSTAND_______much___bad________ __ENGRISH

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    ok i'll go simple with no pictures.
    splice wire from VTEC solenoid, attatch new wire to it which goes to a globe, and then attach another wire to the ground side of the globe. DONE

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Silver GSi DC4
    Steer^Gimic + Sp3rMz
    you guys are both idiots.

His grammar and spelling wasn't 100% correct but if you couldn't understand that at all.....then i'd be taking a good hard look at my own "engrish" skills.

In his own time he made an article for us all and instead of saying thanks or whatnot you go and try to make fun of/disrespect his efforts.

Sp3rMz do you only read picture books? cause your reply seems to indicate just that.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Vtec works the same for auto and manual

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by reyesone
    Steer^Gimic + Sp3rMz
    you guys are both idiots.

His grammar and spelling wasn't 100% correct but if you couldn't understand that at all.....then i'd be taking a good hard look at my own "engrish" skills.

In his own time he made an article for us all and instead of saying thanks or whatnot you go and try to make fun of/disrespect his efforts.

Sp3rMz do you only read picture books? cause your reply seems to indicate just that.
    Sigh another internet hero trying to start trouble out of nothing -_-. All I was trying to point out was, it was hard to understand. To me its easy because I already know how to wire a vtec LED but for other people it might hard for them to understand. Hence I asked for picture so it would tie up what he was saying. Much more easy to relate words with pictures. Alot of peoples grammar suck. Mine does too I don't deny it. I was just helpin him with his article. Seriously u guys need to have a chill. I see why people complain left rite and center bout ozhonda now days. You read into things to much and have a go at anyone.

And if dundas has a problem with what im saying let him take out on me. What reason for you to butt in and start trouble out of nothing for. And if Dundas has a problem with me then (I'd get Jenza to poke him in the eye ) I would apologise, but theres really nothing in it.

As for Steer^Gimic his only taking the piss out of Dundas. Have a sense of humor I'm 100% sure he meant nothing in it. Thats the problem with Ozhonda these days no one has sense of humor and take things too serious.
    Last edited by Sp3rMz; 28-02-2005 at 12:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    reyesone== thanks dude, appreciate it-
    as for the people giving me shit- its ok if you want to pay me out. I dont mind, just couldnt be bothered taking pics.. btw i write this up while it was late and i was tired so obvious that i didnt make sence 100% ===
    as for my english LMAO i know it is shit---oh wells no study and still make it into uni *shrugs*
    hmmz.. all i have to say you guys are mean.. :P
    ummz reyesone-was being nice--- dont go dissing him... please keep to topic dudes-- if u wanna abuse each other.. please do so in the lounge or by pm's thank you.