Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Vtec Light

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    Muli, just give it a shot man, without making any premanent solfdering etc.. and ensure it can be remeove without damaging anything,
    if it works, why not write up a DIY?

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    i got one of these in my car too.. dunda's didnt i tell u its fun?

using a shift light wont work.. due to the resistance or wattage of the globe (somehting like that correct me iff wrong*)

i just used an 12 volt LED.. lights up great at night.. all those commonwhore driver look and think.. gee this guy with redlining his car for a while now.. lolz

anywayz guys.. have fun.. i might post up some pictures for u guys.. cause i gotta fix mine up anywayz..

take care

Kenny

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    looks interesting, i want one in my dash cluster though. will have to get my friend the auto elect to do it cos im too lazy hahaha.

its not as if ya cant tell when a h22a engages vtec, at WOT 5300rpm comes and goes quickly...the power at the wheels increases by 20 hp instantly which pushes ya back in your seat and the induction noise goes insane. lolz.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    pics or leave..lol i would be suprised if this works

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmlvn
    pics or leave..lol i would be suprised if this works
    what do u mean ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    shit man pics already.
    what do u mean youll be suprised?
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    OMG this is an oldy...
    anyways, YES THIS WORKS!!! its a basic concept where power from the VTEC solenoid hooked up to a globe with the usual ground will light up when VTEC engages.
    basic power conduction.

Pics... hmmz. i think they have been removed by now. PM me if you are really interested!

Stop begging him for pics, he wrote what he can and what he did best was trying hard to share his DIY! I'm disgusted at some people who is such a fag and wants what he can get you greedy bastards!

Good work dundas, telling me which wiring was useful, but for some people who bugs you doesn't know shit about car. Goodluck dood.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    do rew speaka engarish????

naw I sqeek na enrish za dou?

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    ok the reason why there are no more pics is because its super old thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

just touchin on an old thread. i saw this in the diy section of one of my old mags so i tested it out, i've revised it and changed abit to make it as simple as possible, same way i did it bassicly

Aim: Vtec indicater
    Required:
    2v 5mm LEDS
    12v Small amp relay
    2m thin black wire
    2m thin red wire
    light enclosure(used was a DIN space and charcoal perspex)
    soldering iron
    solder wire
    super glue

Steps:

step 1;find a spot with in your car where you want to fit ur vtrec light. you could potentially put a small LED in the dash somewhere or altenatively utilise a small electrical box to fit the light in.(spare single din storage space that is mounted in the centre of the car infront of the gear shifter)

step 2; determine the parts needed to build the enclousure for your light. (cover the front of the DIN storage space wtith charcoal perspex on top of the perspex was some black vinyl with the VTEC logo cut out of it with the LED'S mounted inside the boxm the logo will light up red when the vtec solenoid is actv.

step 3; cut the charcoal perspex to shape rounded the cornors so that the peice would fit neatly over the opening of the "spare single din storage space"

step 4; select ur vtec logo (prefebally off the net) place it on a disc, take it to your local graphics shop(print out more then one just incase). The idea is to have your charcoal perspex all black exept for your VTEC sign.

step 5; use six 2V LED's wired in series to light the chrcoal perspex, using 6 2V LED's in series means that the lights create a 12V circuit to be used inn an auto electrical system(if you use lower voltage LED's then your cars power voltage will cause them to blow)

step 6; solder the LED's into a simple circuit to fit around the DIN stoarage box with 3 on each side. when soldering the LED's you will need to connect the diode of one LED to the cathode of the next LED and so on till they all connect(heat shrinked was used to cover all of the connections)

step 7; with the LED circuit complete, drill the corresponding holes into the DIN storage box,line up each of the LED's around the DIN box, mark where they can be fitted and drill holes

Step 8;
    secure the LED circuit to your DIN boxx with superglue, while doing this make sure that the LED's were poking far enough into the DIN encloursure to provide adequate light, with glue on the LED's we applied some pressure to the diodes for a few minutes to ensure they set in the right posistion

Step 9;apply the vinyl with the vtec logo cut out to the back of the perspex ( had the logo cut out in reverse so that it could stick the vinyl on the inside of the DIN enclousure. b4 glueing the perspex to the DIN box, place some reflective cardboard inside the enclousure to point the light directly out the front

step 10; with the LED's wired in series, you will be left with a single positive and a single negative wire exiting the cicuit. these are wirres that need to be fed 12V of power(cut the positive wire at the point where you want to place the relay and then solder both sections to the switching poles of the relay) attatch the neg. wire to a ground point in the chasis

step 11. tap a wire into the vtec out of the ecu(this is indicated by the pinout diagram)(the one used was OBD2b ECU from a b16b) search the net for the diagram. tapped the wire into the B12 pin from the ecu, soldered this wire to one of the trigger poles of the relay. soldered another wire from the 2nd trigger pole to the relay and then attatched this to a clean ground point.

step 12; clean ur wirings, hdie it under the dash, fitted the DIN unit back in posistion replaced and removed trim panels and the job was done. As soon as the ecu activated the secondary cam lobes the LEDS shone bright and VTEC screamed out.
    Last edited by marte; 17-03-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    whats an internet?