Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic EK1 build

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc

Civic EK1 build

Hey guys,
    I bought my EK CXI about 9 months ago and looked into the possibilty of it being a project car. With the amount of money I made at the time, it wasn't that feasible (and I wasn't willing) to do everything I wanted to do to it. I ended up buying a Nissan Skyline GTS-T. After 4 months I totalled the GTS-T doing some late night driving when I was 2 days off selling the civic. I've sold the GTS-T as a wreck and due to now having a full time job, have the money to focus on the civic as a project.

Here's a video and some photos of it before I started modification.

I have since removed the rear wing and installed Skunk2 Pro S II coilovers and had a scrape on the front right bar fixed.

I have ordered a JDM B18C and now need to acquire all other parts like gearbox, wiring loom, mounts, ecu, throttle cable, fuel return line, air intake filter and piping, and axles.

This is what it looks like at the moment.

Ordered these headlights

Ordered new front grill

Will also be painting the silver parts on the wheels black or looking for new 16" wheels. 17's buckle too easily.

Also don't know if I want to change the number plate to a random one.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek and city
    not bad mate.

imo would change tail light back to stock mirrors back to stock or spoon ones
    wheels get some nice works wheels
    remove lip kit and get a type r one.
    and just tidy it up abit
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***█████████████████████ 100%
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht-pipe-wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    yep if i did the lip kit myself i would choose something different, but I don't dislike it enough to get a different one.

i would like to take the tail lights to ek9 but it's all money, and yeah type r kit i would love.
    Last edited by FAITHLESS; 16-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Cxi brake won't hold up your B18C. You need to upgrade the brake soon as you put the B18C in, choose careful.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    yep if i did the lip kit myself i would choose something different, but I don't dislike it enough to get a different one.

i would like to take the tail lights to ek9 but it's all money, and yeah type r kit i would love.
    You dont have to get the EK9 ones.Any facelift ones will do and saves you paying the jdm premium

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    ye man got those lights they look mad.

good choice

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    same grille aswell. needs a coat of gloss black onto though

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    i know brakes need to be changed and am looking for some type r integra ones. forgot to mention that
    yeah the ek9 lights are a while down the track. i just hate the orange indicators on anything pre ek9. atm i'm happy with what i have.

i know brakes need to be changed and am looking for some type r integra ones. forgot to mention that
    yeah the ek9 lights are a while down the track. i just hate the orange indicators on anything pre ek9. atm i'm happy with what i have.
    Auto Racing Technik offer me a Dc2r/Ek9 brake package for $660. I don't know is that cheap.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    xeno, $660 sounds decent. are you looking to swap engines? because a brake swap is not really necessary otherwise.

Got my b18c today.

One of the bearings on the timing belt wheel for the water pump is a bit out, but apart from that I can't find a fault at this point in time.
    Realised I definitely need a new clutch, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs and obviously all piping.
    want to paint the head cover before the swap also.
    does anyone know if removing the header cover affects performance? because it looks terrible.
    Last edited by FAITHLESS; 17-02-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    you should also changed crank cam rear main seals, rocker cover gasket and gromets (since your painting the rc), timing belt and tensioner at the very least. while the motors out be cheaper and easier

congrats on motor, how much did you pick it up for?
    Last edited by JPR28610; 17-02-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    does anyone know if removing the header cover affects performance? because it looks terrible.
    agreed. I removed mine. I don't think its really there to serve much purpose other than prevent you from touching the even hotter bit... but I could easily be wrong.