FF hater to FF lover - andrew

Hello,

my name is andrew, i am located in adelaide and my age is 22.

To cut a long story short i have been involved in cars for about 6 or so years now and have always had RWD cars of some sort.

I have owned the following cars worth mentioning over the years, all modified to some extent:

-volvo 740 turbo, few mods 160kw atw
    -nissan skyline r31 silhouette
    -r33 gtst
    -VK calais, VH calais both factory 308 t400

currently have:

nissan pintara with rb20det mods to the tune of 220kw atw - most serious car i have owned. heaps of mods, has seen heaps of track time at both drift and circuit events. have reshelled it twice.

volvo 242GT - current daily with basic suspension mods - currently oil is not getting picked up

and the sisters car that is a honda integra GSI 2000'. Now i used to only drive rwd cars and this is the first fwd car i have pushed to the limit, or rather my limit. I find the way it handles and accelerates fantastic for what it is. I am now looking at getting a type r motor for it or getting a dc2 type r as a daily driver because i love the fact they are basically a race production car that is affordable. I cant find a car that comes with similar specs, revs so well and is so cool for similar money.

so what should i do? just get a type r or even do a conversion into a older civic or similar. Also my sister wants to sell the gsi so that makes it hard. lol

i LOVE all motor cars and it will be NA whatever i do.

What is the difference in power and 400m times for the dc2 GSI, VTIR and type R?

I also have been doing alot of hill runs in recent times.

thanks for listening

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Welcome mate. Open mind is good to see

i used to think all honda owners were ricers, how wrong i was. lol

is the person that goes to mallala with a turbocharged black DC2 on the forum? think he was running low 1min 20s

i should also say that on a roller dyno the integra made 79wkw with the oem air filter and box and 83kw with it removed. those numbers are with the rear muffler removed and timing advanced on 100oct pump fuel.
    Last edited by fluffy beryl; 16-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    buy a type r, you wont look back.

in oem form 100kw atw, high 14 second 1/4

boltons with tune around 125ish kwatw, low 14, high 13. (not that you should be buying it for straight line performance)

plus it has better brakes/sussy/chassis/interior/ engine/gb/exterior

basically an overall better car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    I should say welcome, but i say congrats for your username! Fluffy Beryl!!! LMAO!!!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Get a type r.

If you're impressed now just wait. They call it the best handling FF car in history.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    welcome abourd fluffy berryl
    it aint a tight car if it aint a type r!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

welcome abourd.

very hard to find a nice example if you're fussy.

can you compare a toyota AE111 blacktop 20valve to a dc2 type r?

i understand 100% about it being hard to find a decent one for sub 15k. I am now looking at a bottom end example that requires a engine rebuild. I would rather rebuild the driveline and know it is A1 than pay top money for a tired car. Having said that there are a few around 17k that are very clean. . .

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy beryl View Post
    i used to think all honda owners were ricers, how wrong i was. lol

is the person that goes to mallala with a turbocharged black DC2 on the forum? think he was running low 1min 20s

i should also say that on a roller dyno the integra made 79wkw with the oem air filter and box and 83kw with it removed. those numbers are with the rear muffler removed and timing advanced on 100oct pump fuel.
    Yeah he is on the forum but doesnt post much. Damn quick car and nice setup he has.
    I think I saw your car there last weekend, sounded tuff, I'll check to see if I got any good pics and post up for you if I find one. I just went to spectate and take a few photos, but hoping to get out there by the end of the year if I can find some funds that aren't going to 2 overseas holidays, an engagement party and a wedding in the next 12 months...

Keen to know more info on the Volvo, 160kw at the wheels sounds like a fair bit!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985