Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ok andys... cheers.... dont bother then.... thought it make a difference....

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    changing air filter is hardly notice the gain for most NA car anyway
    but it is needed

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    type G - hardly notice the gain .. but it is needed?

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    had car dynoed today, 60.??kw at wheels with standard airbox, with pod 65kw

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    5kw?
    lol
    i think the dyno machine is not really working so well if pod is the only mod u got

hardly notice not = no gain right?
    so it is needed

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    thats the only mod, you do really notice it. i wore earplugs for my first drive. It revs so much easier and once past 4300rpm it revs so much quicker. Its not very loud so i like it.

Gf was asking in car last nite whats that hissing noise

ill post some piccies soon

bottom line is im happy with my money spend

I had 4 dyno runs, air temp for the standard airbox dynos was 25.5 degrees, with pod they were around the 28.6 degrees

First run was with standard box which was done two dyno's first to test went to 60kw and second is dyno line is touching just underneath the 60kw mark, second run was bonnet open and fan blowing which gained about 1.75kw roughly, third run with pod with bonnet closed is 4kw gain, with bonnet closed with fan blowing on it went slightly over 65kw mark by about 0.3kw.

Next on the list is custom exhaust system, ppl can doubt what eva they like i dont care.

lol dyno cant read

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    5kw?
    hardly notice not = no gain right?
    so it is needed
    ??? cant understand that
    Last edited by muli; 06-03-2005 at 06:59 AM.

Muli

Thanks for the info... i changed the stock filter box to a pod filter and change it bcak to the stock filter. I do believe in the hp gain, especially after u dyno-ed the car. But the thingis, i feel that with pod filter the low end actually suffers, mid to high end power become a lot smoother. Thats y i changed it back to the original filter box. Is this the same with ur car? where did u get the piping from Muli? Mind saying how much as well? cheers...

Zimp13...

when u mentioned low end power suffers...does it mean suffers when low rev?? or when speed's low?? or both?? just bit confuse here

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i notice more responsiveness of the line, cant say low end has suffered. On Dyno sheet power increased with dyno's 2,3,4 throughout whole rev range
    Last edited by muli; 06-03-2005 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muli
    i notice more responsiveness of the line, cant say low end has suffered. On Dyno sheet power increased with dyno's 2,3,4 throughout whole rev range

wat brand air filter muli??

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by pinklady
    wat brand air filter muli??
    BMC air filter, i got told a apexi would be louder and i dont want any attention too much but even yesterday i had a mirage with zorts and pod at lights very eager to sprint off. You can hear it hissing when standing still.

I noticed that with my Trust panel replacement filter for the standard box that when i oiled it was quite quiet but after 3000kays it would start getting louder so i basically always re-oiled it.
    Last edited by muli; 06-03-2005 at 01:01 PM.

ic BMC...does it include adapter and piping..? a straight on fit?
    where did u get it by the way..and how much if u dont mind ??

thinking of apexi too.