Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12

[cu2] genuine honda lock nuts

Hey all,

I went for the 1000k checkup/inspection at honda dealer..
    long story short they didnt change the oil filter per my request and dealer manager acceptance so during pickup i inspected it and they falsified changing this..

For this Fark up they didnt charge me for the labour and filter change and gave me honda lock nuts for the mistake..

now i realise that the lock nuts that theres only one unique nut and the rest are standard nuts that are allready on the car... the bag was stapled and not proper heat sealed...are they supposed to be for all tires?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    one lock nut per wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    meaning you shoulda got 4 and the key bolt thing... lol
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

could you let me know which dealership skips changing oil filter if you in nsw , i will steer clear

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Quote Originally Posted by -[NoS]- View Post
    meaning you shoulda got 4 and the key bolt thing... lol
    yes i got 4 lock nuts - 3 of these were the same when i purchased the car... the other 1 was a special nut that would only work with the special key...

i found this odd because they could steal all three rims and not the one with the special locking nut...

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    i have these lock nuts and all 4 should be tightened by the special nut only.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    i have these lock nuts and all 4 should be tightened by the special nut only.
    fuark.. imma go ape shit on this dealership.. not particularly at the management but the prick mechanic ... this is just bullshit.. i knew something was up when the packet was opened and the 3 lock nuts were missing... i even checked the car encase they had already placed it on and nothing..

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Basically when i bought my lock nuts it came with a sticker with a special number for the lock in case you lose yours. also the lock nut key has a metal string that attaches to itself if you wanted to hook it to the jack in the boot of the L brace.

You get 4 lock nuts that the key should all fit on

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Lock nuts are a waste of time. They just hammer a socket on to remove them.....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Lock nuts are a waste of time. They just hammer a socket on to remove them.....
    Yep..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Guys sorry to ask this question.. What is a wheel lock nuts.. I saw the wheels locknuts as extra can purchase from dealer.. Is it a spare lock nut.. Sorry guys i am not familiar with change tyres.... Hope i didnt ask a childish question..

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Hey Raj, lock nuts are odd shaped wheel nuts that a regular socket won't fit on. It is a theft deterrent, but they just force a socket on to steal your wheels. Not so much a problem with stock wheels, but a huge problem with aftermarket wheels.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F