Page 78 of 126 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    i payed 26500 for one with 33Kkms i think perth is a LOT cheaper with these things.
    Down from 28k - dat hagglin'
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    My bad that was meant to be 25.

I meant to say you should be able to pick a clean AP1 with 90-110kms for about 25k.

Well I think that's what I am aiming for anyway. Is the reasonable?
    I can tell you first hand after a good 2-3 months of constant inspections both in NSW & interstate that 90% of the S2000s are in homo condition.

Anyone who knows their S2Ks or actively monitors the market will quickly realize that the REALLY clean ones sell damn fast (0-2 days) even if the guy is asking for 2-3k above market price, this is one car that has WAY more demand than supply (amazingly)

When i was in the market everyone i spoke to were telling me you need to pay a good 23-26k for a clean AP1 most likely past 100kms at first i was really skeptical and after inspecting the first 3 i started to know why. Take it from me if you are really keen on an S bloody hell make sure you pay more for a clean one cause some of the train wreck examples i've inspected made me damn sure i wanted a good one, You really gotta pay to play when you are looking for the S unless you want to end up with blown difs or dud roof bills.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by muzukashi View Post
    I can tell you first hand after a good 2-3 months of constant inspections both in NSW & interstate that 90% of the S2000s are in homo condition.

Anyone who knows their S2Ks or actively monitors the market will quickly realize that the REALLY clean ones sell damn fast (0-2 days) even if the guy is asking for 2-3k above market price, this is one car that has WAY more demand than supply (amazingly)

When i was in the market everyone i spoke to were telling me you need to pay a good 23-26k for a clean AP1 most likely past 100kms at first i was really skeptical and after inspecting the first 3 i started to know why. Take it from me if you are really keen on an S bloody hell make sure you pay more for a clean one cause some of the train wreck examples i've inspected made me damn sure i wanted a good one, You really gotta pay to play when you are looking for the S unless you want to end up with blown difs or dud roof bills.
    agree, the interior has a lot of plastics that run down the wides of the footwells, and they scuff easily and instantly makes the interior look crap.
    the roof elastics going is something you will probably just have to accept as normal unless the person you purchase from knows to change them.

Very insightful. Looking at the ones in VIC. Most of them look to be in pretty average condition and none of them come with logbooks.

Will have to wait a while longer.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    i payed 26500 for one with 33Kkms i think perth is a LOT cheaper with these things.
    Yeah seems eastern states have a secret tax on s2ks ...

the S i bought wasnt even advertised on carsales - previous owner posted in this thread (or a similar one) and within a couple hours it was mine.. i had been looking for about 10 months and this was the first with full service and ownership history and in really good condition. '03 with tan interior, had 68k on the clock and got it for 27k down from 28.5k (probably could have haggled harder but I didn't bother - was pretty happy with its condition inside and out).

I had checked out cheaper options but there was ALWAYS something wrong with the car (which warranted the lower price), such as holes in the roof, signs of previous accidents that were fairly well covered up but owner said zero accident history, prematurely worn-out interior, oil leaks, etc.

But keep in mind this is a 10+ year old car so if you're looking for a "perfect" one.. it's gonna be a long wait and you're gonna need to fork out a little extra than you initially would have wanted most likely.
    Last edited by black8thgen; 24-10-2013 at 08:04 AM.

I think I might just start to consider something else, maybe a bit newer. Could take a long time before a decent one turns up and I don't really want to wait months. Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    The patience pays off, well at least for me it did. I'm sure others on here can attest to that too. If you're genuinely keen on getting an S, I would recommend waiting it out and trying your best not to 'settle' too much for a cheaper example. How long have you been looking for?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i have a logbook u mad

bear in mind that baby face's car was there for a good year before someone bought it.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Been looking for 4 months. I was going to eventually go interstate but I need something within the next few weeks so I'm going to go for another car all together I think. Definitely won't be settling for rubbish.

I have noticed most S2000 I have looked at have scratches on the dash and other interior plastics. Is it common or just unlucky with the ones I have seen.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    The wait is definitely worth it! I brought mine within 1 hour of knowing it was for sale as i was sure if it went on carsales it would probably be gone within a day or two, the amount of people who camp carsales for these cars is amazing.

Cant see any scratches on my dash or console but some of the more common things are the seat bolsters will 95% always have some type of wear and tear on it and your usual scratches on the door sills cause getting in and out of the S is truly a bitch