Page 52 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RR. View Post
    Hard to determine without physically driving/seeing the car but it may be caused by multiple things such as - Different tyres on each wheel, Different psi, Out of alignment, Damaged steering/control arm etc.

Majority of the S2K's I've driven have felt light and manoeuvrable like you described, and the ones that didn't ended up being lemons
    Yeah, could possibly be a lemon, however won't know till I get it checked by a mechanic or panel beater.

Has anyone had a look at the '99 black s2k in SA?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I like Silverstone
    Me too. That's why I ordered it and waited 6 months for it to be delivered.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Me too I like black with red leather as well but it's too hard to keep clean. I like white but only if its pearl and it needs red leather.

What's with the silver s2000 in qld with no rego, asking 16k with 113,000km surely that should be snapped up by now?

Anyone looked at it?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    im pretty sure the EPS actually has a mechanism or program in the ECU that varies the sensitivity of the steering feel depending on how the car is being driven. i think cruising at 100 ks it goes heavy, taking turns etc goes light depending on the speed. and what i'm saying is separate to the VGS models.

Inputs from the steering sensor are digested by a microprocessor control unit that also monitors input from the vehicle's speed sensor. The sensor inputs are then compared to determine how much power assist is required according to a preprogrammed "force map" in the control unit's memory. The control unit then sends out the appropriate command to the "power unit" which then supplies the electric motor with current. The motor pushes the rack to the right or left depending on which way the voltage flows (reversing the current reverses the direction the motor spins). Increasing the current to the motor increases the amount of power assist.
    Last edited by ALPS; 25-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    incase you aren't aware. our EPS actually has a mechanism that varies the sensitivity of the steering feel depending on how the car is being driven. i think cruising at 100 ks it goes heavy, taking turns etc goes light. and what i'm saying is separate to the VGS
    The steering felt constantly heavy, when cruising at 50-60km/hr and whilst slowing down at orange/red lights.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    well cruising at 50-60km/hr and braking to stop aren't really the best situations to assess how the steering feels. are they? but anyway. there could be an issue with its EPS. whether its the computer/connection to the speed sensor/the torque sensor. Or it could just be not test driving an s2 in the same conditions as another you test drove well enough to notice
    Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    The steering felt constantly heavy, when cruising at 50-60km/hr and whilst slowing down at orange/red lights.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Seems like the demand is beating the supply of S2000 all over NSW!

Recently sold my Evo and wanting to get into a Z4/S2000 - got a new job where the 'sensible/professional' image the BMW gives would be good but cannot go past the S2000 in terms of sportiness and the fact that i've always loved my Hondas (previously owned 3 Hondas)

Patiently camping for a S2000 though from the looks of most NSW ones there seems to be no luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    well cruising at 50-60km/hr and braking to stop aren't really the best situations to assess how the steering feels. are they? but anyway. there could be an issue with its EPS. whether its the computer/connection to the speed sensor/the torque sensor. Or it could just be not test driving an s2 in the same conditions as another you test drove well enough to notice
    actually i think that 50-60km/hr testing is the best speed to test at if the majority of the driving is being done in that range of speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Quote Originally Posted by muzukashi View Post
    Seems like the demand is beating the supply of S2000 all over NSW!

Recently sold my Evo and wanting to get into a Z4/S2000 - got a new job where the 'sensible/professional' image the BMW gives would be good but cannot go past the S2000 in terms of sportiness and the fact that i've always loved my Hondas (previously owned 3 Hondas)

Patiently camping for a S2000 though from the looks of most NSW ones there seems to be no luck so far
    Im planning on selling the s2k for an evo! Lol....
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Silverstone ap2 in Melbourne for $32,000 get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie15 View Post
    Silverstone ap2 in Melbourne for $32,000 get on it.
    This won't last long

Tempted to buy another one because it's so well priced

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If it had red leather i would have jumped on it. If it was gpw it'd be in my garage already haha