Page 28 of 126 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    08 Civic
    Why oh why are there so few of these in dealerships??

Im looking at a few on carsales that will have me flying interstate and driving back.

Just clearing christmas debt and then i shall be in the market

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by azn_dr3am3r View Post
    Hey guys,

Im in the market for an S2K and found one in QLD. Link here
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...p;sort=default

The car is in top notch condition (got it checked out by my mate, who is a mechanic). Now the car has finance on it and I have read up the guideline to buy an encummbed vehicle so I wont be giving him the money directly, but rather 2 cheques one to the bank and one to him for the difference.

Anything else I should look out for?

Also the car has the plate "Koufala", anyone deal with this guy before?

Thanks,
    I live in new farm. Haven't seen it about in past 3yrs, just a stock blue one. Can sus it out one day if u want?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    all i know is it's way too much for an 99 AP1 with that many kms.. and its been for sale for a looooongg time. and pics show that it has been resprayed, who knows why..
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainplanet View Post
    Ideas, opinions and info about this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default
    Last edited by ALPS; 03-01-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    all i know is it's way too much for an 99 AP1 with that many kms.. and its been for sale for a looooongg time. and pics show that it has been resprayed, who knows why..
    ^ this. It's been up for probably almost a year now if memory serves me correct. I'm sure you can find a much better deal in VIC...

Yeah im New to the scene. Quality Information just keeping options Open.

The blue 03 S2000 on gumtree with tan interior has finance owing on it and has
    fake log books.

hey guys, been looking for an s2k for awhile now.
    had a look at this one today
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ort=LastUpdate

any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    lol find it funny that i've *never* seen it considering he lives within 2km to me...my sisters have though (reason i know where he lives).
    to be honest, i like it. the condition from the pictures looks imaculate, the price reflects the kms and the colour (as funny as that may sound).
    people will disagree with me, but i think it's fairly priced. if you are able to take more than a few grand off it you're getting a bargain .

oh and as i said in another thread:

"should be quoted at the top of these forums as a guide to checking out cars.
    Step 1 - go see the car
    Step 2 - inspect the car, look for anything that looks wrong. you don't need to be a mechanic or panel beater for this, i'm not and inspected 5 s2000's i wasn't happy with.
    Step 3 - drive the car, see if anything feels wrong
    Step 4 (or step 1 if they are free, i'm not sure if they are any more) - do the vin checks and all that make sure it's not a write-off
    Step 5 - ask about it on the forums and take it to a professional to have it looked at."

thanks for the quick reply. Same, I live around the area and have never seen it once.
    He does have a daily euro though and did mention he hardly drives it.
    I did take a look at the car today. There were a couple of scratches, one on the door and another on the front bumper but nothing major.
    The seats are a little worn but I guess that's expected. Did a compression test, all around 225 so seems fine there.
    Also took a quick drive, everything seems good.
    I do believe it to be a bit overpriced however and that's the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i've got a thing with s2000 seats. i hate them. in every way. mine has done extremely low ks, and over the last 5k km of me using it i have watched the seats deteriorate at a ridiculous pace. if you see an ap1 with perfect seats, they have been retrimmed or replaced.

as far as it being overpriced, that's a fair call. keep in mind though that white s2000's are rare as f*ck. seems like you are going about the purchase the right way, work out your own budget and go from there. personally i love black s2000's, so consider whether it's wise to pay more for white when black/yellow/blue/silver/whatever-colour-you-like looks good too...

oh, and just a bit of trivia. a member on these forums sold his white s2k with 180k kms on it for 21 grand or so (23 from memory but honestly can't remember) in 1 week. the reason it took him a week was because i had him hold it for me before changing my mind. the guy who bought it put it back up straight away for 31 grand lol. don't know if it sold or not, but it's not up any more...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Yeah i remember that white one lol.. was pretty cleanly modded too. I've never seen the car around anymore but maybe cos I'm not out and about as much as before now.

That white one above looks like a decent car but a little overpriced. Keep in mind - i picked up an 03 ap1 (updated bits n pieces) in black with tan interior 68000km on the clock and the only negatives were stone chips and scratches on the front bumper. Had some basic mods on it as well. Seller was asking 29 i got it down to 27 and to this day i still feel like it was a good buy. If you can get that price down a couple grand or so and with the white honda tax in mind... could be decent buy!
    Last edited by black8thgen; 10-01-2013 at 08:20 AM.