Page 54 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RR. View Post
    I wouldn't pay anymore than 18-19K, depending on condition

No colours are prone to fading more than others, people just don't look after their paint

All the fading red Honda's you see are the neglected EG's that are left out side and never washed or waxed/sealed etc
    I have seen a faded FN2.

Red, at the low end of the spectrum doesn't require as much energy to be damaged, so it requires extra care to be well kept
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I have seen a faded FN2.

Red, at the low end of the spectrum doesn't require as much energy to be damaged, so it requires extra care to be well kept
    This use to be true 30 years ago when cars were sold without clear coat, but these days all cars are clear coated so it doesn't matter what colour they are

What you probably saw on the FN2 was a heavily oxidised clear coat, the actual red paint has not faded but the clear coat has become oxidised (giving a dull faded appearance)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    good point
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    Yeah he seems pretty honest. That's the s2k I found the heavy steering issues with
    See I haven't driven enough S2K's to notice. I have not seen that one yet, i did look at 1 yesterday with i think 17's or 18's and even still the steering felt very light. Was the heavy steering only when stationary or all the time? Anything else to pick on about it??

Quote Originally Posted by Flippit View Post
    See I haven't driven enough S2K's to notice. I have not seen that one yet, i did look at 1 yesterday with i think 17's or 18's and even still the steering felt very light. Was the heavy steering only when stationary or all the time? Anything else to pick on about it??
    Which one did you have a look at yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    Which one did you have a look at yesterday?
    a mates s2k for a drive

It will be interesting to see what happens to the price of the current batch of s2k's if Honda goes ahead with the new model

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    A lot more will go up for sale. I reckon there are definitely some real clean garaged examples people aren't letting go of.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippit View Post
    You need to get out there and test drive as many as you can

Don't be afraid to inspect/test drive some that are at the higher end of the price range (the clean, no mods, low km examples) so you truly know what a S2K is suppose to drive like and then use that as a comparison point for the others

Right now your just comparing lemons with lemons

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie15 View Post
    A lot more will go up for sale. I reckon there are definitely some real clean garaged examples people aren't letting go of.
    bingo
    Quote Originally Posted by RR. View Post
    You need to get out there and test drive as many as you can

Don't be afraid to inspect/test drive some that are at the higher end of the price range (the clean, no mods, low km examples) so you truly know what a S2K is suppose to drive like and then use that as a comparison point for the others

Right now your just comparing lemons with lemons
    At least it's consistent, better than apples and oranges :P
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

so whats the chances of the boosted s2ks blowing within a few months of ownership?
    the one with the novi comptech supercharger in Melbourne for $26k has had its price dropped $6k within the past month. if worst comes to worst, wouldnt it make sense to just buy it at that price with the amount of km's on it and if the interior is in good condition and just return it to stock?
    most of the 2003 model s2ks are asking $30k

Just checked out the white 99 s2k with 135,000kms. Front shocks are hammered so the test drive was bad since you couldn't tell if the car was knocking from them or from some other area. Guards have been rolled and the left side skirt has had the shit gutter bashed out of it.