Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    shit wtf LOL i thought he was talking about the white one in QLD on carsales.....

NEVER MIND. My bad... i was looking at this just as i woke up...

I'm talking about this one: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default

And damn that white gumtree one looks pretty legit but OVERPRICED.

EDIT: I also remember seeing a white 02 model GPW with full red interior at a dealership down in VIC - someone on this forum took a look at it and said it had once been in a big hit. There COULD be an unlikely chance it is the same one? The front H badge on the gumtree model is an old 99-01 badge rather than the 03 badges as well.
    Last edited by black8thgen; 10-12-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    shit wtf LOL i thought he was talking about the white one in QLD on carsales.....

NEVER MIND. My bad... i was looking at this just as i woke up...

I'm talking about this one: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default

And damn that white gumtree one looks pretty legit but OVERPRICED.

EDIT: I also remember seeing a white 02 model GPW with full red interior at a dealership down in VIC - someone on this forum took a look at it and said it had once been in a big hit. There COULD be an unlikely chance it is the same one? The front H badge on the gumtree model is an old 99-01 badge rather than the 03 badges as well.
    haha all good man, I started to wonder whether if we were getting mixed up with different adverts after my last post :-P.

That one on carsales looks worse than the gumtree one. Just a few things I can see, but could just be the photos is damage on the front lip (visible in picture 1, but under the 5 on the number plate in picture 10/11), issue with the paint where the side skirt meets the front bumper (picture 11), colour of the front bumper looks different (picture 11), obviously fake red badges?, no headlight washers?, rear bumper is like 1~2mm hanging (picture 6)?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie15 View Post
    What can you get for 25k that's better? I optioned up a whole bunch of cars (most newer than an s2k) but after driving all of them I still went with an s. I had a 25k budget to work with.
    1st gen. Boxster S

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    In all honesty and not just because I bought the s2000, I was never sold on the look of the first boxster. Strangely I think they look a lot more dated when compared to the s. Plus my mate had one (think it was the s), cost him an arm and leg for his minor services and around 1k for the major. Plus when/if something goes wrong your bank account will know about it.

I looked at a late model mx5, Evo, s15 (had previously), wrx, ve ss-v, 350z (which I've owned previously as well) but I ended up with an s2000. If I didn't find a clean one I reckon it would've been the mx.

In saying all that, I wouldnt say no to a 05+ boxster given that I had sufficient funding for maintenance.

Anybody know anything about the white S2K with red trim on gumtree asking
    23k in nsw blacktown Area?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Looks dodgy as hell mate

What makes you say that? besides the 20s!

Quote Originally Posted by GONB4U View Post
    Just you know ... hes been looking for about the last 6 months for a decent S2k and has seen almost every one on the market around him.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Just you know ... hes been looking for about the last 6 months for a decent S2k and has seen almost every one on the market around him.
    Correct. I have not seen this exact one (which should tell you that I didn't even think there was a point in going out to blacktown to see it).

The fact that the front bumper has been resprayed and also a bit out of alignment was enough to put me off. (But i was VERY picky about choosing my s2k, hence why it took me so long lol).

Quote Originally Posted by GONB4U View Post
    Better off looking at something like this.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...nths-rego-lt-3

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    Correct. I have not seen this exact one (which should tell you that I didn't even think there was a point in going out to blacktown to see it).

The fact that the front bumper has been resprayed and also a bit out of alignment was enough to put me off. (But i was VERY picky about choosing my s2k, hence why it took me so long lol).
    You have to be picky though ... otherwise your money will be vaporised pretty quick.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Yeah too true. Too many people told me bad stories of 'settling' and regretting so I took their advice and it paid off.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Hi all, I think I've come to the conclusion that a clean s2k within my budget is hard to come by. Therefore im looking at Alternative vehicles such as the gen2 mazda 3 mps.

Is this a good decision?