Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    My mate is going to buy it tonight -_-"

Inb4 buyers remorse

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    oh no.. Well.. I could be wrong on everything I said.. who knows... but hopefully for your mate I am..

also.. the car has been up for ages was on gumtree fair while ago when i went to look at it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    He bought it already .. All the best on him la ..

I bought mine awhile ago from blacktown paulicoautos

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    ^ I agree with the above however,

As far as i can tell, a decent s2000 will go for around 21. When i say decent, i mean there's a good chance you are getting a fairly good condition car - at 21, it's certainly no guarantee.
    Now hypothetically, if i bought that car for 16, the 5k price difference would allow me to make certain parts completely bulletproof. as long as the engine was fine, i'm pretty sure i would be covered to make other known expensive parts unbreakable - which i would do straight away regardless of whether they were fine or not.

This is definately not the path i took lol, but something i considered.

I do believe that at 16k, you're going to need a pretty large buffer to cover you for any problems that may arise.
    Thats the path that i went with
    You can apply the theory that on a 30k s2k as well, could look good and seem well but problems will arise it is a 5~12years old car after all nothing is for certain. Buying a second hand car it self is a big gamble from the start.
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    Thats the path that i went with
    You can apply the theory that on a 30k s2k as well, could look good and seem well but problems will arise it is a 5~12years old car after all nothing is for certain. Buying a second hand car it self is a big gamble from the start.
    haha any retrospective thoughts? i'm happy with my decision with the s2k (it was my best mates, so it was a guarantee i will not have the luxury of next time around), but my next car i think i'll take that path so it would be good to know any pointers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek/s2000
    what would the costs be to import one now days? just curious

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by genkitofu View Post
    what would the costs be to import one now days? just curious
    a job and years worth of accomodation, both in japan for starters.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    a job and years worth of accomodation, both in japan for starters.
    doesn't need to be japan. . . just anywhere that has it
    you could go NZ and import a type s and the bring back here after a year too
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    ek/s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    doesn't need to be japan. . . just anywhere that has it
    you could go NZ and import a type s and the bring back here after a year too
    yeah iv been kinda just randomly looking in nz every now and then but most iv seen has some pretty riced up kits on them but i guess im just exploring other options and just waiting it out and see whats gonna come around nothing wrong with just window shopping here and there right guys?

Dw, the others were laughing cause you might not know about SEVS and why you can't simply import into Australia...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter