Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    that car shouldn't be worth more than 18k, I sold my grey with black leather S2000, 2nd owner 70xxx with full honda service history from factory plus basically brand new works on it, brand new roof, interior was literally immaculate, body had just one resprayed frontbar (from driveway scrape with pics to prove) for 22500 with 10 months rego after like 6months of being on the market...
    Wait, you're saying your car was better condition than the Blue one? What year model was yours? Honestly, K's don't mean crap imo and neither does a full Honda service history. This car no respray where as yours did? Just sayin' =|
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Surprising That the blue 79,000km one in qld is still for sale.
    Looks like a pretty good deal. Along with the bb one in sa. $23,500 get them down a little and you've got a very decent deal.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Wait, you're saying your car was better condition than the Blue one? What year model was yours? Honestly, K's don't mean crap imo and neither does a full Honda service history. This car no respray where as yours did? Just sayin' =|

2000 model, 2nd owner, had one half spray front bar barely noticable, new roof, new rims + stockies, yes it was definently better condition, what you mean k's mean nothing lol first time i've heard that, i'm sure a car having done 100.000km's less has to be worth more despite the colour.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've had my S2000 on carsales for a couple of months and only had two people come to look at it. The fact that it have 181,000kms on it seems to scare people away, but it's mechanically perfect and cosmetically impressive. I've had a hand full of people offer swaps, but that's as close as I've got to getting rid of it. It has no diff or gearbox issues, no leaks from the roof, accident free history, a full service history and it's competitively priced. What more do people want?

I made an artists impression of what an s2k hunt might look like.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I should make a photo like that for my carsales ad

The problem with S2000 prices is that a lof buyers don't want to spend what sellers are asking... but they don't want a bad one either.

I hear many people complaining that they can't find a good S2000.. there are plenty of them it seems. You just have to pay for it -what a surprise!

I bought my 2000 model for 25k with 145k on the clock, no service history and the owner was open about it having been repaired.

However, it was mechanically perfect, interior was far better than it should have been for its age and the two accidents it has been in were very low speed car park hits by other cars and it was repaired properly. I couldn't tell, except that the paint all over the car is in brilliant condition.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and I don't think k's and service history is very important when buying S2000's. Number of k's doesn't matter much in this sort of car because you have no idea what sort of driving the car did. Weekend only/low km examples are likely to have been driven harder on average than a daily version.
    Example: my car has probably seen 700km of track use in the year I've owned it... I've also put 16000 km on it in that year. I'm pretty sure that 700km was harder on the car than the other 15300....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah, I noticed that the market moved very slow when I was looking for one. I bought mine with the intention of never selling it, so kms weren't a big deal for me and all I was interested in was the condition. Unfortunately my circumstances changed and now I'm finding it difficult to get rid of. The previous owner lived in the country which drove up the kms and most people perceive higher kms as worse in condition. Hopefully someone can look past that because and notice it's one of the better ones on the market.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    lol try selling it to DreadAngel he seems to not think km's are very important when it comes to purchasing a car

lol try selling it to DreadAngel he seems to not think km's are very important when it comes to purchasing a car
    You're basing this off two sentences? Bad troll is bad

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    You're basing this off two sentences? Bad troll is bad

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    K's don't mean crap
    no i'm basing it off that.

no i'm basing it off that.
    So would you take a car that does primarily long highway trips with high km or a car that does stop start city driving with lower km