Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950515898 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    180,000kms of highway driving or 100,000kms of vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    within reason I would consider it if we're talking 20-30,000km's then it wouldn't matter but he is arguing over car A with 70,xxx and car B with 160,xxx km's which is a massive difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    within reason I would consider it if we're talking 20-30,000km's then it wouldn't matter but he is arguing over car A with 70,xxx and car B with 160,xxx km's which is a massive difference.
    I think your still rustled over your car not being able to sell and other people's cars are lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I think your still rustled over your car not being able to sell and other people's cars are lol
    i sold it 4 months ago, i work at a prestige car dealership and i'm just amazed you guys sit back and say km's don't mean anything lol I wish all our customers had that approach we'd be selling cars alot quicker lol

This/10

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    i sold it 4 months ago, i work at a prestige car dealership and i'm just amazed you guys sit back and say km's don't mean anything lol I wish all our customers had that approach we'd be selling cars alot quicker lol
    4 months of jelly feels
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

4 months of jelly feels
    unsettled feels

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    i had a buyer for my s2000 very quick

i put my add up on ozhonda/jdmst at night and i was contacted within the hour.
    the person inspected it the next day liked it. he organised a mechanical inspection the following thursday and left a deposit =D

what made my sale quick was being very honest

Quote Originally Posted by Dylaan View Post
    I've had my S2000 on carsales for a couple of months and only had two people come to look at it. The fact that it have 181,000kms on it seems to scare people away, but it's mechanically perfect and cosmetically impressive. I've had a hand full of people offer swaps, but that's as close as I've got to getting rid of it. It has no diff or gearbox issues, no leaks from the roof, accident free history, a full service history and it's competitively priced. What more do people want?
    at least youve got yours priced within the redbook valuation guide. i dont understand how other people are selling them above the value of the redbook guide. Are the majority of them so poorly taken care of that when a "clean" on comes up it drives the price up?
    Also out of curiosity, is anyone over 6 foot that owns one on these forums?

2000 model, 2nd owner, had one half spray front bar barely noticable, new roof, new rims + stockies, yes it was definently better condition, what you mean k's mean nothing lol first time i've heard that, i'm sure a car having done 100.000km's less has to be worth more despite the colour.
    My boy here:

Quote Originally Posted by daevilone View Post
    The problem with S2000 prices is that a lof buyers don't want to spend what sellers are asking... but they don't want a bad one either.

I hear many people complaining that they can't find a good S2000.. there are plenty of them it seems. You just have to pay for it -what a surprise!

I bought my 2000 model for 25k with 145k on the clock, no service history and the owner was open about it having been repaired.

However, it was mechanically perfect, interior was far better than it should have been for its age and the two accidents it has been in were very low speed car park hits by other cars and it was repaired properly. I couldn't tell, except that the paint all over the car is in brilliant condition.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and I don't think k's and service history is very important when buying S2000's. Number of k's doesn't matter much in this sort of car because you have no idea what sort of driving the car did. Weekend only/low km examples are likely to have been driven harder on average than a daily version.
    Example: my car has probably seen 700km of track use in the year I've owned it... I've also put 16000 km on it in that year. I'm pretty sure that 700km was harder on the car than the other 15300....
    Summed it up...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    I don't disagree with you guys, sometimes the km's aren't an important variable e.g. my neighbour bought a CS4 wrx with like very close to 300,000km's on it, no accident history off the 1st owner, who had it serviced with no expenses spared, but he had almost every part replaced and had more than the cars initial showroom value in maintenance receipts over the years... but the car was probably one of the cleanest I've seen to date... we also had a guy trade in a 20 year old 5 series the other day (single owner) car had done 430,000km's lol but literally had no points for our evaluator to lowball him on except for the km's, car was unbelievably well kept but again had nearly $50k in receipts collected over the years... but just remember the other parts on the car, like it's not simply just the engine, I think you guys are forgetting all the small bits and pieces who aren't effected by the type of driving but purely by the amount of road they've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    at least youve got yours priced within the redbook valuation guide. i dont understand how other people are selling them above the value of the redbook guide. Are the majority of them so poorly taken care of that when a "clean" on comes up it drives the price up?
    Also out of curiosity, is anyone over 6 foot that owns one on these forums?

Yea im over 6 foot tall you worried it won't be comfortable inside?