Odyssey Lux MY11 LED in footwell question.

Hi guys,

I've just bought a new MY11 Odyssey and I want to do a few mods. I tried searching for them but nothing i found so far gives me the complete solution. The mods i have in mind are:

1) Add new LED at the footwell areas that turns on when the map/dome lights are turned on. I believe I would need to do some wiring except I can't find any wiring diagram for MY11 model.

2) Add a new roof mount DVD player. I read a few posts but not sure how exactly to do it. Which is a good brand/model to buy? Where are the wires located? How is the player powered?

3) Change all internal lights to use LED. I managed to find the LEDs on eBay but they are mostly for the US Odyssey models. I'm not sure if they would fit in the Australian model and I'm not sure if products from eBay would last as long compared to those i buy from Autobarn or SuperCheapAuto.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by TimTech; 20-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    hi, congrad with your purchase.

regarding your questions:
    1. how are you planning to tab your wires to? directly to fuse box? maybe look at the diagram on the fuse box?

2. personally i'd rather get professional to install a roof mount DVD unless you know exactly what to do. they must be secured properly or can be dangerous in an accident.

3. look at the owner's manual and see which light uses which type of bulbs and then buy the appropriate ones. i think eBay ones are much cheaper and probably worth taking the risk but it's really up to you. personally i only changed the lights to LED for the boot area as it's very hard to see at dark carparks etc. i prefer the warmth of normal bulbs at the front tho. blue/white LEDs look too "cold".
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc