Thread: Water Leak

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R Civi

Water Leak

Hi all

My LS is full of water on the passenger side, The carpet below the passenger seat is drenched, The seal around the left side of the windscrean has come loose and at first this is what i thought it was, however it hasnt raind in 2 weeks and i havent washed my car since it rained and it is absolutely drenched. I have been running the Air con pretty hard core though and am wondering if it is a busted hose or something. Has anyone had this problem and what should i be looking at. I will fix the seal on the windscrean but have no idea what to look for in regards to the air con.

is the fluid actualyl water ? It might be from the AC - which disposes water normally via a small rubber tube in the engine bay - OR might be some of the coolant used in the AC system.

Either way , get a professional to look at it asap.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like what Ben said, check your Evaporator drain tube

look under the dash passengers side, you will see the evaporator and its drain hole, make sure the tube leading outside the car is connected

it might be coolant from the heater. i had another car which did exactly this- the heater core was holed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Last edited by FR33K; 15-04-2005 at 07:37 PM.
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    '91 Integra DA9
    Good one FFR33K!

Anyone who owns a 89-93 LS Integra should have the www.g2ic.com as their homepage. Constantly search there and you'll probably find everything u want to know!

I have the same passenger side leaks and also driver side, but i think it due to either the cabin cover or the window seals coz it only happens when it rains....

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 & DC4
    yeah my car did that... just the ac drain tube was kinked, get under the car and un kink it! i got an eyefull of water.. cant believe how much came out! its near the passenger side front wheel/swaybar

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Good old G2IC!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572