Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTIR

Civic Audio Upgrade

I have a 1999 Honda Civic Sedan Gli Stock. I am thinking that I have 1 year till I am off my P's and about another 4 months after that till I'm 21. I am thinking to finally use my saved up money on a property and just keep driving the Civic and keep it as it is but just upgrade the stereo. I have save quite a lot of money (a few $10,000G's) and thinking to spend on a stereo. I was going to get 16" alloys and then lower the car but that will cost around $1000-$1500 and will only get looks. I was thinking to spend money on upgrading the stock pioneer system.

You guys suggest me what to get. I am lazy and I want it done properly so I am happy to pay to someone to install it for me. As far as a budget goes I am happy to pay as longs as its worth it and the sound will be clear and considered nice. I listen to different types of music and mainly Hiphop.

Not sure if this matters but there is a red light that flashes on the stereo when the car is locked so thats part of the alarm or something. So if thats removed does that mean the car won't be secure? I am open to anywhere in Sydney where I can take the car and say I want this and this and wait there for them to install or something.

Please suggest me first if I should upgrade the sound or just use the stock which is good enough and I have been getting through that for about 2 years now since I got my Red P's. I am now into 2nd year of my Greens. Or if I should go ahead and what to get. I have a secure job now so I don't mind spending money.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Do you really want a sound system? It depends what your happy with? If the system that you have now is fine then just stay with it, if you really want to upgrade then I would suggest a new head unit, front 6" splits (the speakers with the separate tweeter), 6" rear speakers, a 12" sub and 2 amps to run it all. My favorite brand is alpine, they are expensive but quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    doran pro audio is a great place for audio upgrades but if you just want small upgrade head deck, 6 inch splits and 6x9s should be a nice upgrade then if you want more 4 channel amp and a monoblock with a 12 inch subwoofer more than enough i like kicker have the k series in my civic does a good job decent price

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Where are you, what is your budget?
    If you are in nsw: FHRX, Carbon car systems
    Victoria: Frankston car audio, Phatt audio concepts
    Queensland: Northfield marooka
    South aus: Ampl audio

There are more, but those are the recommended ones from a website ;D

But yeah, Hit one of them up, and they'll sort you out.

But yeah, get some splits, install them in the front. Can't really suggest them without a budget, and can't really suggest either way... It's more of a what sounds good to you.
    For whether to stay stock or not:
    Does it sound good to you? If yes, you don't need anything else
    If you feel its lacking depth or something, hit up your local car audio store, and they'll hook you up.

So yeah, things to consider, and should hit up a local car audio store and see what they think. Remember, you don't have to buy on the spot, just ask for their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTIR
    Budget is not a problem if its worth spending that much. Don't need something overkill. Roughly I'd say $500-$1000? I am in Hornsby Area in Sydney. The stock is pretty good enough for me because I can also connect my iPod and listen to music.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Well, fhrx is only an hours drive roughly from you.. so that would be good... i'd say just look at speakers for now.. that'll be all you'd want. one set of splits to up your clarity.