Car:
    CL9

Whats the best insurance company?

Hey guys,
    Im a new accord euro owner
    I put a deposit on a 2003 Accord Euro
    6 spd manual, grey and 116,000 on the clock, ill be picking it up tomorrow

Who do you guys recommend for insurance? Hope to get some help

Im leaning towards NRMA who offered a premium of around $1800 or JUST CAR whos premium is around $1650
    From what I understand these quotes cover any current or future mods I perform on the car, (the car currently has 17inch rims, I plan to upgrade to 18s and eibach pro springs in the near future).

Im 23, full licence, accident free history, but this is my first car and first insurance application

Hope you guys can help

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    I took with justcar cause apart from aami I couldn't get insurance from anyone else with mods (I think shannons you have to be 30 +). Been almost a year no issues. When I told them I had installed the icebox cai and told them of the lower arm bar (hadnt told them prior) they increased my agreed value by 600$ at no extra cost. Was with aami before this but after a year they increased the premium so switched to justcar. So far justcar havnt but lets see. No claims so cannot comment on that.

edit: I dont remember if I checked NRMA, they cover modded cars?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    everyone's premium is different so you`ll get mixed opinions.
    insurance companies estimate your premium on the following factors.

* type of vehicle

i recently purchased a 06 accord euro myself and phoned up a few insurance companies.
    funny enough Youi (advertised cheapest premium came the highest with almost $5k) Aami who i used to go with on my Jazz quoted me almost $2k. i didn't call up Justcars as my previous experience with them had not been very well.

so anyways in my situation, i am 28 living in inner west with no accidental history + green slip with NRMA i am currently paying $1340 with $650 access.

good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post

* type of vehicle

i recently purchased a 06 accord euro myself and phoned up a few insurance companies.
    funny enough Youi (advertised cheapest premium came the highest with almost $5k) Aami who i used to go with on my Jazz quoted me almost $2k. i didn't call up Justcars as my previous experience with them had not been very well.

so anyways in my situation, i am 28 living in inner west with no accidental history + green slip with NRMA i am currently paying $1340 with $650 access.

good luck!
    haha yeh same thing happened with youi too, they actually called me coz my online quote wouldnt go through, kept me on the phone for about 40mins and then their premium came up to 5k

NRMA seems the best option so far, I spoke to someone from NRMA and asked them if they cover any mods, she said as long as its included in the agreed car value, then its covered..
    Is that the case with u too hiko?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post

* type of vehicle

good luck!
    Gosh that's alot im in Melbourne and was paying 1200 and i was 20.

I do know the inner west of Sydney though. Shit scares me

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I uses Just car insurace...cos they are cheap...haha
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    So.... Yeah.... I pay 1/2 of what y'all paying with AAMI.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Useless comment without factoring your circumstances/situation

I've spoken to a few panel beaters and they all tell me that Suncorp is quick to write off and are quite willing to pay for everything that they want to replace instead of being picky.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Stay away from amii and just car. Personal experience. ReAd reviews
    What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Research each one, compare etc etc
    If you want a good one NRMA I suppose. But quite pricey

scaminsurance.com.au