Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro

Removing CL9 Roof racks

hey guys so i just bought a new accord euro with the standard euro roof racks and the previous owner didnt have a key to unlock them and if i take them off will the leave a mark or anything on the roof?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro
    [IMG][/IMG]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro
    dosnt anybody know!!!!!??!!!???

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    The key basically locks the top plastic on, underneath the plastic cover is a metal lever that releases the clamps. You need to release the clamps to take them off otherwise you will do some damage.

So…

1. You can destroy the plastic cover so you can release the clamp, but then you will new ones if you want to use racks again as those covers also lock the lever down.
    2. Go to a roof rack shop or lock smith so they can remove the lock. Roof rack shop would most likely have a key as those lock barrels are fairly common, when I got my bike attachment they have the same barrels that matched my racks so I could use the same key.

Personally I would go to a roof rack shop.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    hey man i went through the same thing yesterday..
    i too didnt have the allen key to unlock them.. i used a set of long nose pliers, used them to unlock the plastic cap and also fit well inside the alen screw and screwed straight out
    gluck, mine luckily didnt leave any marks

EDIT: mine were rhino roof racks so im guessing there not the same ones? so my excperience might not help u
    Last edited by daKIK; 23-02-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro
    yea there original honda roof racks a friend of mine works at a honda dealership and told me to bring it to him and he would see wat he could do but i dont really care if i damage the roof racks as i have no use for them but just dont want no damage to the roof