Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

modified vti-r intake manifold and tb

dyno dave had some ideas for improving the airflow through the stock plenum and throttle body, and i was more than happy to be a test mule so dave went ahead and worked his magic and voila. nice feeling low end, improved top end... and the noise! i love that sound, you wouldn't think that something so small could make such a difference.

i'm yet to dyno it, but my inner ear tells me the mod was worth the pain
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    could you perhaps outline what you did? I'm curious...

Yeah me too
    Is this mod permanent or can it be changed to its previous state?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Come on fill us in!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Intake mod

Once I have dynoed the mod I will get some pictures posted up.It is a very simple reshape of the throttle body and the entry to the manifold where the throttle body bolts on.The idea came to me as I have been working on the design of a restrictor for a turbo engine in a class of racing that I run a car in and the airflow we have picked up is very good so I just went out paid for a VTiR Integra manifold and throttle body and started to redesigned what the Honda enginneer's had done.All I was looking at with a STD or engine with some small mods done to it was increase airflow and not change the butterfly size as Honda has that correct for Vtec engines and is something I can do for the guys that are not running some sort of engine management system (yes this does work with STD ECU) as the map in Slims car is not modified from the last time I had it on the dyno and his butt dyno told where he could feel the difference and anyone that knows him will tell you he knows his car inside out and how it pulls at any RPM in any gear it is in.PM me if anyone wants this done as we can do it for any Honda EFI throttle body and intake manifold.

Regards Dyno Dave

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Is this only for b-series engines?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    bah!! tell us!

im very interested too!
    oh wrd!

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Is this only for b-series engines?
    Win it works on all EFI engines with a single throttle body and plenum type
    intake manifolds. All I need is your manifold and throttle body it takes around 4 days to do the mods and get them back to you.Slim will come down and dyno his car on the dyno day so have a chat to him and remember it has not been dynoed since this mod as I am just way to busy till next week to fine tune the mod.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    PS I will have VTiR Integra as an exchange deal and will over time carry most Honda maniflods and throttle bodies in stock.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave
    Win it works on all EFI engines with a single throttle body and plenum type
    intake manifolds. All I need is your manifold and throttle body it takes around 4 days to do the mods and get them back to you.Slim will come down and dyno his car on the dyno day so have a chat to him and remember it has not been dynoed since this mod as I am just way to busy till next week to fine tune the mod.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    PS I will have VTiR Integra as an exchange deal and will over time carry most Honda maniflods and throttle bodies in stock.
    i want i want
    oh wrd!

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave
    Keep us posted!
    DLUG Racing

Intake mod

Thank you all as the response has just blown me away and as soon as I am happy to post the results you will all be the first to read it.
    Regards Dyno Dave

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    u got pm dave.
    oh wrd!