Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5

Modifying your P plates

Is it illegal to cut out the P of your P plates and stick that on your car? I also noticed I can only stick it on the boot part for the rear of my car, if I try put it on the lower bar where the number plate is it doesn't stick - looks like I don't have a metal bumper bar

They seem pretty picky about P plates, had mine stuck inside the window and behind the number plate for about 2 years and never had an issue but was never pulled over either, heard you can be fined for obscuring their view even though a big white P plate on your front window is VERY obvious.
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    i dont think there is an issue so long as the P Plate is clearly displayed on the front and rear on the vehicle without any obstruction.

these days you can buy the magnetic ones shaped as the P rather than a square

and in NSW you cant have it in your on your dash
    it might be obvious to you but at night its not so easily seen which makes P platers harder to target by police lolol
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Yeah I get what you mean, thanks for the reply Right now I have the back one stuck next to my Honda badge and the other just at the front of the bonnet - guess I can't be pulled over for that, they're VERY noticeable. Thing I hate about that is they're so easy to steal, sister used to have magnetic plates and they were taken twice so may just have to put them in my car whenever I leave it parked.
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    yeah dude just take em off when you park

its a hassle but at least it wont get stolen

just remember to put it back on lol
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    True true Thanks again mate

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Ive seen and heard ppl getting done by the big bruddaz for cutting around the P and just have the P letter displayed without the border.

Reason they say this is because the border acts as a background that suits any colour of the vehicle (which i think is POS) .. and it is not that visible to the eyes from a distance.

so to me, i would take real care of where you go and how u drive. - as once the BB (big brudda) pulls u over ...he maybe nice or a prick.

its best to be safe and just buy yourself the P Plate holder if your worried bout display locations etc.

Otherwise u can custom spray the P plates on your chassis. LOL
    Last edited by IV73CI; 23-02-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    lmao could be an idea, an expensive one though I'm sure - might just have the regular magnetic P plates to avoid any issues, its nice to actually never be pulled up by BB's -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    I had mine cut out, without the 100km/h part and my car was white. Didnt have any problems, few cops followed me but nothing

Another story is friend got pulled over for cutting p plate, cop said it was ok if ur car is white? not sure
    Also cop said that the p plate must have more than 50% shown

I like it when the P plate is a dragon shape

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    just saw a p plater this morning. they stuck the p plate on roof of car.
    like taxi cars.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    just saw a p plater this morning. they stuck the p plate on roof of car.
    like taxi cars.
    Wtf? Lmfao!!

U shoulda taken a pic and post it up in the spam section? Lulululul
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I wouldn't risk it personally, don't give them an excuse to dick you. Ask your RTA if you want.

None of our bumpers are metal either dude, all plastic so you don't shred pedestrians when they get in your way