Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs

Degreasing Your Engine Bay [De Fufteen Bee Style]

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda Nor The Saint take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Step 1:

Acquire a dirty motor. In this case, we are degreasing a DE FUFTEEN BEE

This amazing motor has been having the time of its life. My cousin had acquired this vehicle only because of the mighty power that the de fufteen bee produces.

With its amazing specs and features such as 38 teeth cam gears (A plural is required as this thing pulls harder than a car with 2 cams.. If the de fufteen bee had 2 cams then the world might implode with the core of the earth revealing it from someones garage in Western Australia).

A whopping 100hp at the flywheel on good days keeps this motor churning for more. It has a unstoppable force that is not seen in many other cars (if any, to be honest).

Factory airbox has been equipped for the least air intake possible as it might be a hazard to other road users once it propels into the D15th dimension.

Honda had decided that due to the excessive power that the d15 was able to produce, they thought it would be wise to allow the head to breathe more freely, so the valve cover gasket doesn't wrap around the head, it allows breathing characteristics to be had from behind the distributor in case it revs over 6,500RPM (which is just a base line figure on an extremely safe tune mind you).

To degrease the motor, I had to remove the airbox but I was too scared that it might have collected so much air that it would have exploded in my face. So I did what anyone would do and just caressed it while blowing softly to the throttle body and the intake arm eventually just let go and took itself off.

There was a minor hickup though. When I was doing this, I noticed that the thermo housing started to leak wildly, I don't know if it was a sign of stress from the motor or what, but I quickly removed the housing so it could have some time on its own.

Let it out big fella.. You deserve that much..

Onto the degreasing, I put the airbox back on as once I examined the intake arm internals and the throttle body, there was enough carbon build up to make 50 carbon fibre spoon lips (replicas ofcourse) so I'm guessing it was just showing positive characteristics of even flow through the intake manifold and what not, so it was left as is.

So I started mixing the degreaser 1 part degreaser to 2 parts of water. Let it set in the bottle then started spraying all over the de fufteen be.

Here you can see that it is quite sneaky trying to hide how many valves she has inside. It's no secret anymore, I'm afraid the Honda scene in the states will realise my secret. Hopefully it doesn't leak onto D-series.org or we might have an issue on our hands.

The leads were left on, as was the dizzy and every other electrical component. Nothing was bagged or covered.. Why do you ask ? Well just cranking the de fufteen bee without starting it is enough for all the beads of water to dissipate into mist without leaving a trace in any electrical component. The water will be scared shitless and repel itself faster than Yuna casting Repel on Tidus while vs'ing Ifrit. It's an unbeatable force that shouldn't be messed with.

After that, just let it rest for a few minutes and hose it down:

You are one step closer to being the fastest machine on the street.

All that's required now is a pod filter.

The end.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Added disclaimer

Informative & entertaining.
    Last edited by Bludger; 24-02-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Didnt cover battery and dizzy...and water went down dipstick hole

not cool

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    It's okay man.

De fufteen bee will decimate all. Just need some overnight dipsticks from Japan and we're sweet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    fkn lol'd hard.

great job lad, will attempt this on my mere engine that is not a deefuffteenbee.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    d15b, you understand. well done tiksies

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    You are one step closer to being the fastest machine on the street.

All that's required now is a pod filter.

The end.
    LOL'd at this +1
    Very good write up.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Factory airbox has been equipped for the least air intake possible as it might be a hazard to other road users once it propels into the D15th dimension.

fkn lmao

good write up mun
    feel my 7" cawk
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    fukin tiksie u legend

funny as fuk

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    lol...just realised the whole DIY is done in one step too!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    the best! excellent write up! love it
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE