Greetings from the UK!

Ello folks.

Ive been an avid browser of your forums for a few months now. I came across them whilst surfing for a DIY on replacing interior carpet! I could not join due to not having a decent email addy so got my sky one sorted especially for you

I own a '96 EJ9 (1.4) Civic Hatch in Dark Amethyst Pearl.

The car itself is in moderate condition and over the last couple of years i have been rebuilding it.

So far i have had to do the following, on a budget, and most was from scrapyard:

Full replacement interior.
    Full front end replacement (was in a smash) along with suspension
    New exhaust system, japspeed straight-through, although have only fitted the backbox and mid section. Still looking for a new mani and downpipe.
    New braking system.

Still to do:

Replace suspension/dampers with new items.
    Mucho body work, front end doesnt line up properly (see if beeza can solve this one )
    New rear bumper.
    Few dings and scrapes needing knocked out or filled! then resprayed.
    Newer engine with lower miles.
    Braidied brake/clutch lines.

Main problem im trying to solve is i am getting poor fuel econemy, i have black sooty deposits on plugs and exhaust tip. I believe this is because im running rich for whatever reason. Getting a few more sensors over the week and we'll see what its like.
    If there is no improvement im putting iot down to the age/mileage of the engine.

Car is OTR atm due to a sheared balljoint, luckily i had just gone over a speedbump and was only just moving in no more, so no real damage, except for the driveshaft that was pulled out along with it

So on a go slow atm

But wanted to say hi and just say it is an awsome forum you have, we have a few in the UK but full of timewasters posting idiotic and pointless comments to get theyre posts up.

I will post pics when i have more time

Keep up the good work.

Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster