Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vampzzz View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a pressure washer, what would be your recommendation to wash cars and just normal household cleaning? mainly for washing cars though.
    I got the Karcher 2.180 from SCA (on sale) - $110. That is all you need for around the house and your car. That cleans my pavers and gets all the dirt off the pegola.
    EG

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    I got the Karcher 2.180 from SCA (on sale) - $110. That is all you need for around the house and your car. That cleans my pavers and gets all the dirt off the pegola.
    There you go!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    when i wax my car, the it becomes a dust magnet. Any way to avoid this?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

^^would also like to no why and how to avoid?

could it be static from all that rubbing/polishing that causes the dust to be attracted?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    when i wax my car, the it becomes a dust magnet. Any way to avoid this?
    Apologies for late reply. Was living the dream in the bahamas to realise, no .. still in Sydney!

In all seriousness, the dust can be caused due to a few reasons. Depending on the product you use some have anti-static properties and some do not. It also could be how your drying causing static to generate as well over the paint.

Can i ask what wax/sealant you are using and how often do you re-apply?

maybe using an antistatic brush will help. I supplied many brushes within the print industry for those who want to reduce static on their work. these work great but not cheap. last brush i sold was close to $250 got a 300mm brush. those bristles are very very soft, so i cannot see it damaging the paintwork.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Wash with cheapo soap, drying with a chamois (i know...)

Applied meguairs cleaner wax with a foam pad and buffing off with a microfibre towel

Just washed it again.. The waxy feel is all gone now
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Wash with cheapo soap, drying with a chamois (i know...)

Applied meguairs cleaner wax with a foam pad and buffing off with a microfibre towel

Just washed it again.. The waxy feel is all gone now
    To be honest, could be the products you may be using.

You know most Duragloss, Einszett, Dodo Juice Car Washes/Waxes/Sealants actually cost you a lot less in the long run. Example, NXT gen wash about $2.50-3 per wash, vs Duragloss @ $1.20 and offers a nicer finish and more lubricity to wash with. And chamois, i won't get into that one haha

Try something else maybe? Duragloss 105, 111, even a coat of a nice carnauba wax. Remember a lot of "off the shelf products" will last 1-2 months or say 4-6 washes

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Lol i got a big tub of armorall
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I use duragloss and 2 bucket method weekly. If it rains and dirt is on my carm oit comes the karcher abd magifoam! I really like the prodicts ccp offera. However the large microfibre chamois is as good as 2x small microfibre towels from costco....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...loss/aquawax-0

I really enjoyed using the Duragloss concentrate.

See the link above. I'm thinking about using this in conjunction with the final step of drying the car with a MF towel.

Do you have any pictures to show the effect of it?

ALso how do you find best use/outcome with this product?

I can see this product cna be used in either wet/dry conditions, but IMO I believe if the car has quite some water left on it, spraying this on the panels will not see full affect of the product...

Would you reccomending drying the car down so it only has approx 5-10 % left of water on it and then spray this product on to complete the drying process?