Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Cheers for that

I'll invest in a new soap after this one runs out lol.

I don't clay often, roughly once yearly.

i apply the wax roughly once a month, i like the feel of it.
    Definitely on the right track then!

Quote Originally Posted by CarCareProducts View Post
    consider attending a clinic for a bit more information and know how on the whole detailing thing. Great for the experienced or even inexperienced
    will do once i have some free time.

for now, autopia.org is an awesome site for car detailing fanatics.

edit: also want to hear tips on detailing the insides.

for me its as follows:
    a) clean dash with nice microfibre cloth
    b) use a fine brush (rabbit fur) to get into all the nooks and crannies
    c) strip off all seat covers, and get in the seams to get rid of dust/sand/crap
    d) pull all floor mats out and do a through vacuum
    e) brush the seat rails, and apply some grease to the chair tracks/bolts
    f) brush the door gaps and anywhere else i may have missed
    Last edited by sensei_; 02-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Usually when the car is dirty its only a bit dusty or left over dirt from dried up rain.

Rinse car, high pressure house usually gets all the dirt off.

Two bucket method using merino wool mitt with zaino z7. Panel by panel top to bottom.

Dry off the car with a mircro fibre, dont like using a chamois, microfibre takes a while but oh well. wring it out every 5-10 seconds. lol

Every 2-4 weeks i'll wax it after with poorboys nattys blue.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Oh and since i park inside now the wax lasts longer since it isn't always in the sun. So usually 1-2 months i wax now.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Quote Originally Posted by CarCareProducts View Post
    smudges? could be great marks maybe? If its black likely could be tar/road grime and maybe use something like Stoner Tarminator to remove!

Get some good protection over the car to stop things from adhering as easily on the paintwork!
    I wax twice a month.

I'm sure it's something a clay or a polish can get rid of. I just don't want to do any abrasive work myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Anyone here heard of ironx?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    I wax twice a month.

I'm sure it's something a clay or a polish can get rid of. I just don't want to do any abrasive work myself.
    Twice a month? A bit much, or you just drive around a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Twice a month? A bit much, or you just drive around a lot?
    no, but i only have a garage for the 11 hottest hours of the day, during night, i must move the car out so my rents use it.

as a precaution i wax and wash more often than someone who has the privilege of their own garage.

im meticulous like that, im not happy till my car is a mirror

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    no, but i only have a garage for the 11 hottest hours of the day, during night, i must move the car out so my rents use it.

as a precaution i wax and wash more often than someone who has the privilege of their own garage.

im meticulous like that, im not happy till my car is a mirror
    I've had my wax on for 5 weeks, it's not as smooth now but still good. It's always parked outside, with a cover on almost all the time. Haven't washed since. And my car is black. It's holding up but maybe I'm just not meticulous like you I've given up on being too particular about it. I take the cover off for 15 minutes and a layer of dust is already visible.

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    I've had my wax on for 5 weeks, it's not as smooth now but still good. It's always parked outside, with a cover on almost all the time. Haven't washed since. And my car is black. It's holding up but maybe I'm just not meticulous like you I've given up on being too particular about it. I take the cover off for 15 minutes and a layer of dust is already visible.
    Last time I left it in a car port, a painting tipped over and was propped against my passenger side door. I blew a blood vessel.

Anyone had experience with the meguiars smooth surface quik clay kit?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Usually when the car is dirty its only a bit dusty or left over dirt from dried up rain.

Rinse car, high pressure house usually gets all the dirt off.

Two bucket method using merino wool mitt with zaino z7. Panel by panel top to bottom.

Dry off the car with a mircro fibre, dont like using a chamois, microfibre takes a while but oh well. wring it out every 5-10 seconds. lol

Every 2-4 weeks i'll wax it after with poorboys nattys blue.
    This guy is on a roll! haha. Try the new style waffle weaves, they are at least 40% more absorbent and not as painful haha!