Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Anyone here heard of ironx?
    Wolf's Chemicals Decon Gel (De-Ironizer)

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Carnauba Waxes (True Carnauba Premium Waxes that is) should be re-applied every 2/3 months for a Daily Driver.

Semi Synthetic Waxes (basically, semi carnauba, semi polymer/synethic) should be re-applied every 4/5 months for a Daily Driver.

Polymer Based Products (Such as Zaino, Duragloss, Wolfgang, Wolfs Chemicals etc) should be re-applied every 6-10 months depending on the product itself for a Daily Driver.

Differences, a synthetic will sheet more vs a carnauba and often leaves a very 'sharp' 'wet' 'reflective' finish (wet look) to the paintwork. A Premium Carnauba Wax such as Dodo Juice, Swissvax, Collinite, Autobrite, Wolfgang etc will add more depth and more for the enthusiasts and sometimes make a metallic pop more. You will find lighter colours look better from a synthetic for a wet look finish and darker from both synthetic or natural.

Washing wise we do recommend the following;

2 Bucket Method found here
    - The reason this is for to avoid returning dirt you are washing off the car back onto the car and separating the dirt into another bucket.
    A Microfibre or Genuine Lambswool Wash Mitt - again to capture any dirt in the fibres itself stopping it from dragging over the paintwork.
    A Microfibre Chamois (NOT pva, NOT leather as they will mar your paint) - same as above, and gentle on the paint.
    Softest option is a Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel to which you can avoid as much marring/damage on the paintwork during the drying process.
    A pH Neutral Car Wash is a must, and this is due to it being gentle enough not to remove your wax or synthetic wax protection from the paint but strong enough to wash the car thoroughly and leave it once again glossy and smooth!

Hope that helps you guys a bit. Just remember to replace everything least every year or 6-9 months to make sure you aren't harming the paintwork.

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    CarCareProducts, what is your advice on swirl and scuff removal?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post

There are so many DIY's on google and Youtube. Search it up
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Depending on condition as most cars are no longer acrylic paint you do require usually to machine to correct the paintwork - Check here in our how to.

Can anyone suggest a good product to stop/slow down paint fading or the paint drying out?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good product to stop/slow down paint fading or the paint drying out?
    Some sort of synthertic paint sealant or wax.
    DC2 VTI-R (INJEN-LIKE CAI, Unknown Extractors, 2 inch exhaust)

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    So synth is better on lighter cars eh? My cars silver. I just like using carnauba for some reason. lol.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    So synth is better on lighter cars eh? My cars silver. I just like using carnauba for some reason. lol.
    Not necessarily better. Just lasts longer and is more resistant, better beading etc. Can be easier to apply as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by aurnob88 View Post
    Not necessarily better. Just lasts longer and is more resistant, better beading etc. Can be easier to apply as well.
    Yeah i know the differences and such, was gonna zaino coat the whole car, but couldn't be bothered to go buy it. So just kept using the wax since I got tonnes left.
    Was referring to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by CarCareProducts View Post
    You will find lighter colours look better from a synthetic for a wet look finish and darker from both synthetic or natural.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Yeah i know the differences and such, was gonna zaino coat the whole car, but couldn't be bothered to go buy it. So just kept using the wax since I got tonnes left.
    Was referring to this:
    My .mistake

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aurnob88 View Post
    Actually no and yes.

Synthetics tend to also have a sheeting effect as well, and different sizes of beads but you also can find this in certain waxes as well.

A Synthetic will offer more "Wet look finish" which myself personally i think works best for Lighter Colours as lets be honest, what depth will you achieve from a lighter colour like white?! haha.