Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Wheels and Tyre Question [CL9]

Hey guys, I'm looking to change the RIMS on my car. It currently running on the stocked 16" ones (08 model). I'm thinking of grabbing some 17", might even consider 18" but I'm concerned about ride and noise. Grip isn't too much of a worry, as I don't take to the track. Of course, this means new tyres as well. Wondering what everyone's experiences are, especially compared to the stock Dunlops. Again, ride and noise is my main concern, Bob Jane reckons Pirelli P7 are the go, but there are a few bad reviews it would seem.

Also, anywhere I could get them cheaper? OzzyTyres seem to be very cheap, but struggling to find any I want. Considering these:
    http://www.nengun.com/rays/volk-racing-te37
    But pricing seems a bit steep. Also confused over the hole types (5h x 100, 112, 114 ect) not sure which ones mine are.

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    all euros have 5x114.3 stud pattern
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking to change the RIMS on my car. It currently running on the stocked 16" ones (08 model). I'm thinking of grabbing some 17", might even consider 18" but I'm concerned about ride and noise. Grip isn't too much of a worry, as I don't take to the track. Of course, this means new tyres as well. Wondering what everyone's experiences are, especially compared to the stock Dunlops. Again, ride and noise is my main concern, Bob Jane reckons Pirelli P7 are the go, but there are a few bad reviews it would seem.

Also, anywhere I could get them cheaper? OzzyTyres seem to be very cheap, but struggling to find any I want. Considering these:
    http://www.nengun.com/rays/volk-racing-te37
    But pricing seems a bit steep. Also confused over the hole types (5h x 100, 112, 114 ect) not sure which ones mine are.
    www.tirerack.com
    wheel& tyre package, select 2006 ACURA TSX as the car to select tyres for

The sites suggested fitments.. according to them dont need and guard work, so you'll need to email them if you want 'Stance" for custom quote with different fitment than recommanded

Shipping is approx $100 USD per corner to your door for a set of 4.

Im looking at Sumitomo HRT-Z II's as tyres, lots of good reviews..
    Last edited by Fredoops; 28-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    TireRack are cheaper than most of the stores here, but $100 shipping per tyre is the real killer. It would be alright if I was looking at $500+ tyres but considering their going for $220 each currently, TireRack will need to sell them below $100 each to make it worth while.

Currently Looking at Yokohama V551. Seems like a perfect match for what I'm looking for in a tyre. Quiet, comfortable, and durable enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    TireRack are cheaper than most of the stores here, but $100 shipping per tyre is the real killer. It would be alright if I was looking at $500+ tyres but considering their going for $220 each currently, TireRack will need to sell them below $100 each to make it worth while.

Currently Looking at Yokohama V551. Seems like a perfect match for what I'm looking for in a tyre. Quiet, comfortable, and durable enough.
    .... Or you could get rims and tyre package
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Hmmm, one question I have though, being new to these forums. What are the traders? As in do they offer specials once in a while? Can we ask them for specials? What's the deal?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Ah, I see. I was checking out the Yokohama one, it's only got news and info in it. No real deals so I was wondering what was up.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Here's a question guys I have 16x8 inch rims, what has more stretch 185/55/16 or 195/40/16????
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    What do you mean by "stretch"? 195/40 would provide more grip and better feedback, so it's the more sporty choice. 185/55 would provide more comfort, and less noise due to less width.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    I got some 17" te37 with tyres for sale if your interested.