APR mirrors - problem

does anyone else have APR mirrors on their ek/eg and it gets blown down going at 90km/h or more?

im starting to get sick of this and the problem seem to be where the stem mounts to the plate of the car. Im trying to figure out how to reduce that ball/pivot point from being blown down at high speeds

any tips?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    revert back to stock.. pretty sure that's a big hazard especially when driving at high speeds, one day pivot might come loose, go flying into the car behind you's windscreen and cause an accident, that's worst case scenario.

Why not try DIY? I'm sure you could make some sort of hinge system at the front of the mirror (which would decrease aesthetics of the mirror but increase practicality) even using some 3M tape.

Even take the mirror out, and mount a bracket at the existing hinge, which will probably limit movement of the mirror but increase safety..

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    that was one of the pain in the ass things about my old mirrors on my first gen.. they (the driver side mainly) would get pushed back to flush with the car if I stayed above 80km/h for too long..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    defect?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I would just put the stock ones back on. Save the hassle of trying to fix aftermarket parts.