Member Array
    Car:
    EK4

Mystery leak near distributor on a b16a2

Hey there, posted a thread a few weeks ago about a leak i had..
    Ended up taking the car to a fellow ozhonda'er to have a look at it and we checked the O-ring in the distributor and it was still in tact.

The car is a 96 EK vtir with a b16a2 which has run 195k kilometers,

The problem itself is a slow seep of oil that is constant whenever the car is driven and the amount it seeps isnt dependent on how the car is driven.

Anyways here are some pictures.. if anyone has any idea of what the problem could be give us a yell or if anyone has any suggestions as to where i should take it to have a proper look at that would be appreciated.

p.s in the photos the gold tinge on the engine block is the oil thats leaking... every few nights i take a cloth to it and wipe it down so the block returns to its silver self.

Just because the distributor o ring is intact, doesn't mean it's sealing properly. change it anyway.

check the vtec solenoid. check the black round plug on the right of the vtec solenoid pictured.

that's about it, unless it's seeping out between the head & cam cover.
    Last edited by Bludger; 02-03-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4

just took a picture of the camshaft seal and it seems to be good there...

would you happen to know where i could get a new o-ring from and how much it would cost? Also i wouldnt be really confident in removing my distributor and changing the ring myself aye haha.

Yeah now that you mention it it could be between the head and the cam cover.. but wouldnt it be odd that only one side of the four is leaking?

Quote Originally Posted by eeko View Post

just took a picture of the camshaft seal and it seems to be good there...

would you happen to know where i could get a new o-ring from and how much it would cost? Also i wouldnt be really confident in removing my distributor and changing the ring myself aye haha.

Yeah now that you mention it it could be between the head and the cam cover.. but wouldnt it be odd that only one side of the four is leaking?
    looks a bit oily under there

lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    if anything just a tiny bit... ive yet to have wiped under the that seal since ive owned the car.. and the block surrounding it has had no oil leak on to it.

1 - distributor O ring
    2 - vtec solenoid gasket
    3 - camshaft seal.

replace them all.

your car is on 200 thousand km's. and needs a timing belt change anyway.

do the whole lot.