Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah Gas Research is still around, but most of their gear ends up on V8s
    to see all of my build, checkout

gas is still a fossil fuel though.

I'm talking about oils they extract from food and shizz

Ethanol (plant based) is getting quite big in the US. It's biggest problem as far as it's use in motor vehicles is it's absorbtion (contamination) of water (condensation in the vehicles tank etc or groundwater entering storage tanks) and the fact that it needs about twice the volume of liquid to produce equivalent energy.

Would solve the pollution problem virtually O/night if those problems could be solved.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Ethanol (plant based) is getting quite big in the US. It's biggest problem as far as it's use in motor vehicles is it's absorbtion (contamination) of water (condensation in the vehicles tank etc or groundwater entering storage tanks) and the fact that it needs about twice the volume of liquid to produce equivalent energy.

Would solve the pollution problem virtually O/night if those problems could be solved.
    Mid west uses corn to convert to ethanol.

Problem: the energy input to produce is more than the energy content of the ethanol produced. And uses more energy than refining crude oil on a per liter basis, sugar came ethanol is slightly better but is still a negative.

1st world Problem: people are starving in Africa and y'all use food to burn?!

Problem: energy used I refine those thing still came off the ground.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

so we need to find energy that comes from above, not from below.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    so we need to find energy that comes from above, not from below.
    This is where we need a pic of millions of car owners with their hands raised to the heavens, pleading for mercy.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    This is where we need a pic of millions of car owners with their hands raised to the heavens, pleading for mercy.
    .... Or we find some non-conventional energy generation technology...
    Cold fusion or Thorium fission comes to mind.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Just need hydrogen power to come about.

Be it directly powered, or powering a hybrid.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Like I alluded to before, instead of BBWWWwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaah BBWWWwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH it'll all be HHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Like I alluded to before, instead of BBWWWwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaah BBWWWwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH it'll all be HHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    More like whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll lllll whrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiioollllllllllllll

In all seriousness, I don't mind all electric, 1000Nm @ all rpm sounds sweeetttttt
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    More like whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll lllll whrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiioollllllllllllll

In all seriousness, I don't mind all electric, 1000 @ all rpm sounds sweeetttttt
    We'll have to have some way of telling what make it is. For the rest of us, we'd better start recording our exhaust tones so we can play them to ourselves via our sound systems.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    I'd rock a crz with some nice mods. Sad tho

Sent from my T8697 using Board Express
    oh wrd!