Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    My point exactly. Genuine TE37's aren't cheap, and I wouldn't bother with the fake sh!t. Would rather EM1 rims than fake TE37's.

Facelift conversion, or even just the BYS pre-facelift bar will cost plenty, then you still have to get it sprayed.

That EM1 is lowered, that's more money to spend.

Window visors, mirrors etc.

That's why I saw you need at least $3,000-4,000 if you get cheap/fake parts where possible and take shortcuts when you can.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i can see rollcage and recaros in there as well!! but not the point...xD

i agree with doughie. if you're getting all genuine parts then its going to set you back quite a bit and more if you want to do facelift too.

i don't have a big budget i want to do it as cheap as possible as I'm only on my ps, am i able to get second parts.

I'm more concerned with just the body kit , whats the difference between a face lift and just chaining the parts

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    If your on a budget , dont think their is a good chance youll be able to legitimately replicate that.

maybe , but your best option for now is learning . dont go out and buy anything just yet . learn the scence and what makes it what it is .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i dunno if anyone makes a BYS replica. you could check ebay or something, might stumble across a fibreglass one at least. u can find EM1 style tail lights too. quality not fantastic but they look the part with the boot closed.

Volk replicas (Vorks) are pretty available at just about any wheel place, you might have to paint them though, not sure if they come in black - google it i recommend 16"
    check the for sale section of the forum for a rear lip and low springs/shocks or coils. mud flaps pop up occcasionally too.
    as for the grille, do a DIY type-r, ek9 or whatever. i think there's a thread in the DIY section.
    if you're getting an aftermarket front bar i personally wouldnt bother with a facelift, it will cost you time and $$ and all you will gain is slightly different headlights and bigger grill.

have fun and keep us updated with the modding
    Last edited by kraiye; 01-03-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It sure is a nice looking coupe to aspire to...

thanks i find it difficult as I'm new to understand all this but i appreciate the time and advice , some say i should sell it and buy a integera vti-r as it is faster and not as much to get a body kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    the cosmetics on that will cost too much man,

or buy eg with jdmd15b conversion, would beat vtir

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Post up pics of your EJ VTi yo..

this way well get an idea of what you have currently vs what you want moving forward.

as from what others have said, learn and do some homework first, no point buying stuff and turns out they dont fit correctly, or its illegal or better yet fake vs real items.

you can start by reading on from here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...r-car-see-here

then off you go ...
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Thats a nice coupe, gonna be alot of work with an ej8 (including sunroof since some ej8's dont come with factory sunroof). Like doughie said, your going to need at least over $3000 to pull something like that off. I was going to get a geniune facelift ek9 front conversion from ebay for around $1500 but looking at my budget....i needed like an extra $2k (incl. respray). But yeah goodluck on your build mate
    Heres some pics of my ej8. Get some ideas of my car and a others who have coupes on this forum. You never know, you might change your "plan" on how you want an ej8 to look. Also join clubcivic.com or ej8squad.com and get ideas

Also for the people who says i needa dump my ride, its going to get dumped soon!! Waiting for shocks to arrive ><"