Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

DC5R OEM Spark Plugs

Hey Guys,

needed some opinions, called the local honda spare parts department and a set of 4 OEM Spark plugs for the DC5r goes for approx ~$110.

any experience with them, are they worth it?

Had a look around for NGK iridiums but can't be sure where to find a brick and mortar store that will have (IFR7G-11KS) the specific spark plug for the Dc5R available.

I live in south west sydney (liverpool) if anyone knows a joint.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Repco, Burson and most other auto parts shops will be able to order them in, they aren't likely to have them in stock. I purchased my last set from Repco, they were around $20 each, so a bit cheaper than getting them from the dealer.

The OEM specified NGKs work roughly the same as a plain copper plug, the iridium electrode is just much more durable. This allows the 100,000km service interval that is often specified. If you buy the plugs from Honda they will be the same as the ones you would get from elsewhere, they will just come in a nice Honda box/bag maybe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    The iridium NGK plug isn't a very common plug for shops to stock, even our supplier is out of stock locally but we can get them from interstate - around $30 each though, so more expensive than others...

Genuine spark plugs are fine also though, they were designed by Honda for your Honda Engine so they aren't going to be crap...
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    repco keeps them in the distribution centres.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    I just bought 4 iridium ngk spark plugs a couple of days ago from autobarn. your local Autobarn should most likely stock them as I had no trouble finding them. Also try ebay if you still can't find it, there also cheaper over the net.

Member Array
    Car:
    9th gen Civic h
    clubrsx.com is your friend. $50 for a set + P/H. I got quoted $32 each from Repco :S