Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux

[CL9] Euro battery dead..

hey, so I left my lights on for about 15 mins yesterday while I was in a shop and my (pretty old) battery died. 05 euro lux

do I need to do anything particular when jump starting a euro?

also - if I were to replace the battery myself, will it stuff up the alarm or stereo when I do? battery tips?

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    if manual try clutch starting it

jump start
    red to red black to black
    start up the other car and charge the euros battery then start the ****

probly will reset your stereo
    Last edited by simmy; 04-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    euro cl9
    i've disconnected my battery before and its never reset my stereo

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Driving around probably won't recharge the battery completely. If the battery was deeply discharged, it's a good idea to completely recharge it using a car charger.

Disconnecting the battery will reset your engine ECU trims, your stereo presets, clock, trip computer and auto up-down power window calibration.

ECU trims are no problem, just drive for 20 mins and the car re-learns. To recalibrate power window auto up-down, hold down until the window rolls down completely, hold for 1 sec more then release, then repeat winding up the window.

Always disconnect the black battery terminal FIRST, and reconnect it LAST.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I always call RACV to replace it with premium battery with 3 years warranty good values
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Time for a battery replacement. Even if you charge it, it won't have the same capacity as before once it has been fully discharged once.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I wouldn't be too worried. My CL9 had a flat battery once. It was because I left the key on the "ON" position without the engine on, while talking with my mate, door open (so interior lights were on). Talked for about 15-20mins. Car didn't start. Jump started it, and it's been 3 months since, haven't had any problem similar. I'ld say just leaving the headlights on wasn't the killer cause, but if you leave your key on the "on" position, all the pumps and other devices are all turned on which really drains the batteries.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Main problem is stock battery is shit.It's 330 CCA.Get a higher CCA battery and you'll be right.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Time for a battery replacement. Even if you charge it, it won't have the same capacity as before once it has been fully discharged once.
    +1 I always have problems after recharging it so at last I couldn't be bothered anymore
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Most batteries last about 3-4 years, time for a new one.Before you do thou, check if the alternator is outputting the correct voltage - should be around 14-15v when idling or reving.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, it's a very simple check with any multimeter. Most even have a setting for batteries. I think the standard is about 14.3v, which is about right. If it's making 12v then you've got a problem (engine is on of course).

On our V8 I purchase a 910CCA battery, heavy and bloody expensive. I forgot the brand but it was an all green colour battery.