Member Array
    Car:
    '12 Euro 6spd

[CU2]First Service

Hey Guys

First service is due soon , which as you know is no oil change nothing just a checkover normally. What is your experience with the Accord zEuro 1000km service? , any hidden upsells or cost ...why do they still bother with it ? Gotta take time and effort to do and they don't even do a single thing ?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    It's like a general check up for cars. They check the brakes, suspension, engine, bolts and nuts and all electrical operation to make sure everything works as intended.
    It's standard method for all manufacturers and compulsory for warranty purpose.
    They did't try to sell me a thing and I can understand the reason because it is hard to do a proper check prior to sale since the vehicle has only been driven down a truck ramp and on the lot.
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    '12 Euro 6spd
    Yeah cool . I have done these services before but it has been a while since i had a new car >5 years ...i was wondering if the Manufacturers had made these services into an upsell thing and what i should look for ,but glad to hear they haven't !Can never be under prepared when dealing with dealers service depts in my time ! Thanks . PS i noticed you are looking for a stock grille , can i ask why ? How much is a new one from Honda do you know ?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    I hate chromes so I was planning to paint it either black of colour coded but I'm not ready to destroy mine if it goes south.
    I was told it's around $900 from the dealer.
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    '12 Euro 6spd
    No way $900 !! Are you sure ??? You should ring Honda and check that i doubt it 's that expensive ! But Yeah i was thinking the same !! Some days i dont mind the chrome but i keep thinking black There is a spray on coating that peels off i am looking into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtk...eature=related..still be nice to have another grille to play with though .!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    just buy a USDM grille
    or a mugen style shield grille
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Do they change the oil and oil filter on the first service? Not sure if I personally like all that metal shavings clogging up the filter. I usually like to change the oil filter on the first 1000km just to get rid of the loose metal particles. I like to load up my engine in the first 1000km. Ie take it for a long country drive to run in the engine with varying revs and load.
    Last edited by BigBen; 05-03-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Do they change the oil and oil filter on the first service?
    Not with mine. So i changed the oil and filter when i got home with royal purple.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Was that a simple process to change the oil and filter yourself? Can you locate the filter easily once you jack up the car?

I don't remember the driver's manual detailing where the oil filter or drain plug are located...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    Was that a simple process to change the oil and filter yourself? Can you locate the filter easily once you jack up the car?

I don't remember the driver's manual detailing where the oil filter or drain plug are located...
    it's on the manual.

CU2 position is identical to CL9 (almost), jack up the front. put the car on STANDS (not jack) then off you go
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    I had my mate do it for me Yeah pretty straight foreward... just keep the area covered with plastic and rip off after done... remember to remove it once finished... had to use rubber band around filter with special opening wrench thingo... easy! :P