Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by doktarfischer View Post
    i might have to unless its something obvious like a loose cable

i wasn't going to bother with spare fobs with just central locking, the keys work fine.. but def if i get aftermarket alarm install
    Ok..

Let us knw how u go..

Most likely just a jumpering pin or a programming feature on the module unit.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    Ok..

Let us knw how u go..

Most likely just a jumpering pin or a programming feature on the module unit.

will do after work tonight. any ideas what could cause it to stop working? i assumed it was just the battery going flat on the fob but when i changed it any no longer works, does it reset?

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    will do after work tonight. any ideas what could cause it to stop working? i assumed it was just the battery going flat on the fob but when i changed it any no longer works, does it reset?
    Yes.

Sometimes the code learning memory resets when battery has been replaced - which will require reprogramming of that fob key to the module unit.

If the alarm is recorgnised by the dealers then they will be able to recode your fob remote.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Just remember that sometimes remotes can reset themselves after a battery change.

My amp remote does this, must reprogram after changing the batteries.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    My Air con remote at home did the same thing too, reset all the settings after it had dead batteries for a bit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK1
    how annoying... i had a look at how to reprogram and there were some rituals online but nothing has worked. i will chat with a honda dealer and see if they can help

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    hi guys

i'm having trouble using my remote locking to lock/unlock my car. a couple of weeks ago my remote stopped working and i replaced the battery. immediately after replacing, it worked but has again stopped working.

i replaced the battery again but it is not working anymore.

i've had a look on google but can't find an answer or source of the problem... any ideas?

cheers!
    had the same issue, honda wanted $880 to replace both actuators and that was only a guess. I took it to an auto electrician and he said that the signal wasnt being recieved and my best option was to buy a whole new aftermarket alarm as it would be more expensive to fix the Honda system.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK1
    thanks it looks like i'll have the same problem. i've found signal works every now and then so remotes are still sending and codes are still on but receiver may be dodgy. aftermarket sounds like the way to go