Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Clutch?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1

New Clutch?

Hi guys,

My clutch is starting to slip, and it's got buzz, so I need to look at getting another, Has anyone bought a clutch recently? if so where? I'm hoping it's not going to cost the world, and I'm thinking maybe something more heavy duty than OEM, I'm planning on going FI late this year, hoping 350-400rwhp, will OEM suffice?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you are going FI later in the year, I would look into a Cushion Button clutch. Get all the benefits of a button clutch, with the practicality of a HD. Allows a bit of slip and not that hard to deal with day to day.

I'm not sure who to talk to in Bris as I have my suppliers in Melbourne
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    if youre looking at FI and dont wanna blow the budget, look into competition clutches...id say stage 4 would suffice and wont cost and arm and a leg

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Are you sure it's slipping?
    If you don't know what your diagnosing and you don't know it actually is, then don't jump the gun Since you had a gear problem that was easily fixed
    I would be set on turbo, like any person getting a new car they have these plans that never happens
    Been there done that lol
    Don't get a stage 4 clutch until you are sure
    Dude seriously, save your money just do some bolt on mods

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    Are you sure it's slipping?
    If you don't know what your diagnosing and you don't know it actually is, then don't jump the gun Since you had a gear problem that was easily fixed
    I would be set on turbo, like any person getting a new car they have these plans that never happens
    Been there done that lol
    Don't get a stage 4 clutch until you are sure
    Dude seriously, save your money just do some bolt on mods
    Well when I went to shift from 1st to 2nd, I couldnt get any power down just reving, same in 3rd, finally in 4th it would turn the wheels, the clutch is VERY close to being useless.

I am thinking of getting this though...

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc.../Sport_Clutch/

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Overkill
    All I'm saying is alot of people say they are going to do this and what should I buy for it blah blah
    If your not definitely going to turbo the car do not get a clutch like that

I had my clutch replaced about 6 months ago and I have to say that the "standard" clutch that was put in does the job. But i don't do FI, and I am not going to in the near future. My S2K is a daily driver, so keeping it easy to drive is the main thing for me. the biggest thing for me is that my clutch is light and easy to shift with. In my other car the clucth is heavy, and shifting to much leaves me with a tired left leg... but that is a heavy 4WD, so it's a completely different animal.

All that I'd say here is this. In an S2000 you change gears a LOT. This is because you need to keep the engine at the right revs. When you do that you need a light clutch so that you don't get fatigue after driving for an hour or two. If you are keeping NA for now go for a standard/light clutch. When you go FI, then spend the money on the sports clutch because you will need it. There's no point making things harder for yourself before you need to.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    I beg to differ. Cost of labour is expensive. I reckon you should go for a solid clutch and work those left calf and quads... Its better to have a clutch with a solid feel to enhance that driving experience.

what do you think would be a daily driver clutch not to pricey?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread, I'm also looking for a new clutch. After reading numerous forums, I'm settled on a Exedy OEM clutch kit (KHC06) and a ACT Pro Lite Flywheels. I'm thinking of purchasing these from the US then get a local mechanic to perform the installation. My question is are there any other parts that I require as well or should those 2 suffice?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdavion View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread, I'm also looking for a new clutch. After reading numerous forums, I'm settled on a Exedy OEM clutch kit (KHC06) and a ACT Pro Lite Flywheels. I'm thinking of purchasing these from the US then get a local mechanic to perform the installation. My question is are there any other parts that I require as well or should those 2 suffice?
    Make sure you get a new spiggot bearing or bush (can't remember which one the S2000's run) and get that fitted at the same time. A $10 part that can cause so many drama's
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8