Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

CL9 Automatic shifter gets stuck

My car has recently developed a problem when in P, the shift lock wont disengage and I cant get out of P. After moving the shifter around in it's position and pressing/depressing the brake pedal, the lock just stops working and I can press the release and shift into any gear.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what I could do to fix it. Some recent things that have happened to my car, I got new brake pads and someone spilt coke down my centre console.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Did the coke spill into where the gear shifter is? might be the problem? Otherwise might have to take it to a mechanic or Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Ok, there is a key hole thing to the left of the shift stick on the gear panel, use a knife or something to get the little insert off.

Then stick the key into that hole, push it down, it should unlock the tranny stick.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars