Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9

Angry Cat Converter - NEED HELP BADLY !

Hey guys i have a problem and i hope one of use have the answer !

I recently bought a Apexi World Series II Muffler and have installed it on my car..

Now Apexi claim this muffler does not have excessive sound what so ever.
    I have read up on this muffler countless times, and no bad reviews about it being loud...

So i dont understand what happening here, on my car when i slowly rev it it sounds nice and deep.. but when i rev it hard it sounds like a tin can..

Soo this leads me to the catalytic Converter..
    I was hitting it with a rubber mallet and i can hear rattling inside of it..

Im quite sure the honey comb has broken down.. so my question is..

Will a broken down Cat Converter with parts of it rattling inside of it cause a change in exhaust note ?

I have been doing countless research and some say yes but have not really defined it as sound coming from the muffler..

This is a relatively pricey muffler and the great feed back behind it does not make it possible that is could be "Its just the type of muffler that it is..."

Thanks guys i appreciate any help !
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yes a collapsed/fked cat will make it sound like shit and perform badly as the crap moves around inside.Also its no longer doing it job and the exhaust fumes will be worse.

Its nothing to do with the WS2 as that muffler is quite toned down as it has a decent amount of chamber

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    ekvtir-t has summed it up
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Yes a collapsed/fked cat will make it sound like shit and perform badly as the crap moves around inside.Also its no longer doing it job and the exhaust fumes will be worse.

Its nothing to do with the WS2 as that muffler is quite toned down as it has a decent amount of chamber
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply, i was getting worried that it may be my ws2... because i ahve head nothing but great feed back about how quiet it is.. and as soon as they fired it up, i turned to the guy and said, are you kidding me ? he thought it may just need a break in.. i dont blame him for thinking it may just be the muffler that it is, but i have done so much research before i bought it that i knew that it was simply not the case..

Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    ekvtir-t has summed it up
    Thanks for your prompt reply

Also i have been reading that, when your cat fails the engine light tends to turn on.. my engine light is on but it is on because of the o2 sensor.. on the web they say yes the cat can cause a engine light to turn on, but my car's o2 sensor is in the extractor before the cat, so could this cat have played a part in damaging my o2 sensor ? and the car also bogs a little bit likes its struggling..
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    yes it can be cause of the car bogging, due to fuel air mixture, could cause mis firing as use of more fuel
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    yes it can be cause of the car bogging, due to fuel air mixture, could cause mis firing as use of more fuel
    Ah i see thank you very much
    JDM is Best