Which CAI for my 07 civic sport

I am a noob but I'm interested in CAI. I read quite a few posts in this forum and ppl usually suggest injen, aem or k&n. I'm hoping for slight performance improvement, but sound is not that important to me. So which of these brands/model would fit my 2007 civic fd sport best? Is it easy to install CAI even if I'm not a mechanics? If its possible to be installed by myself, where can I find out instructions about how to remove the stock and install the new one. Thank You.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    do u have an auto or manual? for the sport model if u have an automatic you'll need the rbc intake manifold as well as the cai - i would recommend injen, best proven results ive seen so far but i may be wrong - and tbh you wont gain much.. maybe a bit better responsiveness on throttle but you wont notice it that much (unless u get rbc IM - might help get more air in)

i think there might be a DIY on removing it on 8thcivic forum, they got heaps of DIY stuff there have a good long search and you might find some usefull info

as for doing it urself, yes its doable by urself but a bit of a bitch tbh

I have a manual. Replacing the rbc im doesn't seems like a diy job. Which exact model of rbc im and cai should I get for civic sport? Are there any other budget solutions to improve responsiveness? ecu? exhaust? I always find that from 1st to 2nd gear lacks responsiveness.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    then u wont need the rbc,

u can buy an e-shadow throttle controler or the pivot one, that helps a lot but will kill ur fuel consumption

ecu hasnt really been tested much for the fds lol... and i dont think any one can be bothered with such a slow car really..

exhaust will probably just make ur low-end response worse

thats jst my thoughts someone else might be able to share some better ideas

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I'm getting a bmc cda to replace my apexi intake.

Will let you know how that goes.

But generally speaking be careful what intake you buy - it may affect your AFM readings and cause your car to stutter.

ECU I have seen people use Hondata with a USDM K20Z3 ECU and it works great for tuning.

I am using a GReddy Emanage Ultimate and it works great.

You could also opt for Apexi Power FC, great for on-the-go tuning with the hand controller.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

if you want a budget mod I have a throttle controller up for sale. going cheap.
    it does not improve the power of car but it does make the car respond a LOT better, especially at low end.
    a lot more up and go from stop

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    regarding exhaust...
    on my wifes 2011 civic sport, i have a custom 2.5inch mandrel bent system made up for it, with a x-force muffler on the back, sounds awsome a nd has actually picked up a few kw throughout the revrange and hasnt lost any down low response...
    i was looking for an intake, but gathered that it would only suffer from heat soak and best option was prob the stock airbox...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    I can give you a run down of what to expect if your considering going towards the RBC + Injen CAI Combo.

As far as problems your gonna experience with a simple bolt on installation is idle issues, not too severe just a bit of getting used to and the CEL problem. both problems are likely to be fixed by port matching the RBC and ECU tuning. The sound is great - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OY1pQD4nFg

IMO from my setup, the gain in top end isnt worth the loss in the bottom end, it defeats the purpose installing an upgraded item. If your gonna go down this route then be prepared to spend extra on making things work out positively for you. My first stock dyno result was Max 91.0 KW, below is the results of after installing the RBC and CAI. Stock indicated by the Red Line and modded indicated by the Blue line

Good luck, hope that helped.
    If my post was useful, please give a Good Post Quality (PQ) Point

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will settle with getting a simple throttle controller. Do you know where I can buy the Shadow E-Drive Advance Throttle Controller mentioned by black8thgen? Online perhaps as I am living in WA.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec powered
    get a simota intake, good stuff.

Tokyo Life