Member Array
    Car:
    integra

boost lea,k now no boost

my cars been leaking boost
    at first the boost guage is reading boost and i can hear a high pitch hiss when hitting boost on the guage and pretty much dont feel any boost when driving

the fact that the boost guage is reading boost and i can see it is reading from just past the bov, just wondering what parts of the system could be leaking from?

i looked at the front mount piping and it looked a bit dodgy so removed the clamps and pretty much cut off the pvc joiners.

now the piping has a smaller diametre than the intercooler holes (so its going in quiet a bit), was wondering would welding this together be a good idea? (its gonna be a pain to attach it with pvc joiners again)

also after doing this im not getting any boost anymore (assuming this is because to the clamps and joiners being removed?) or has something else happened??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    So did you just say that you have removed the silicon joiners that connect your hot-side pipes to the intercooler and then from the cooler to the cold side pipes? So the piping isn't connected and you don't understand why you have no boost?

What you typed above is pretty hard to understand - do you have photos of what you are describing?
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    my bad
    urm the car was leaking boost to start of it

later i pretty much removed the joiners to the intercooler (atm the intercooler insnt properly connected at all, just has the piping going into it but not really attached), i know now it should leak, thats fine, but im not even hearing the hiss i did before

Bet you any money you're Turbo exhaust gasket is fried. That's why you're loosing boost.

Its a little gasket for the exhaust/dump pipe.

In this case, instead of the dump pipe letting limited pressure out, you're losing the lot from the exhausted side cos the gasket is gone. Its an easy fix.
    But sounds like you might need someone with a mechanical mind to help you.
    Got a bit worried when you mentioned about welding the intercooler to your intake pipes. Those silicone pipe is there for a reason. Id rather a popped off hose than a blown cooler.

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good