Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

Installing a Amp + Sub in a GD3

Hey guys,
    In my current 03 GD3 VTi i have a self installed Alpine Headunit.
    My freinds father (a automobile wrecker) has offered me a Amp + Sub.
    so what i wanna know is...
    Where would i mount the amp too? Remembering that the jazz has its petrol tank under the front row seats, where else could i install it so it doesnt interfere with the folding seats and that?
    Also whats the best way to hold a sub down in the back? i dont go easy around the corners and i HATE things flying around in the car it pisses me off beyond belief.

any ideas be great. also any tips on hooking the amp and sub up would be appreciated too.

amp drill it into the back of the rear seats, amp buy some velcro (Y)

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    But it will rip the cables out when he folds the seats down unless he had a heap of slack, then that just gets caught on things.

How big is the amp? Just a small 2 chan or a big 4 chan?
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

nah it wont, i had it that way and it was installed professionally, you can easily hide the slack between the seat and trim.. so i've never had it caught on things either, not the best pic but here's a fair idea

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    its of equal size to that one.
    but not as cool looking, it was given to me for free

is it safe to mount the amp to the side or top of the sub??
    or would this create some sort of interferance in the sub

it's fine, the important part is the cabling, just make sure that it's grounded properly and there aren't any random wires sticking out.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    any tips on installing? like where the plugs go n shit?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    +1 Would love to know as well!!!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thers lots of youtube vids for it actually. looks simple but tedious. how would i go about getting the power cable from the battery in the engine bay the the inside of the car....
    stuff like that. might just get it done properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    have you got it all in yet? ill take a photo of my setup and give you an idea. my amps are screwed on to the back of the seat. and my subs take up the whole boot. you're gonna regret the day when you go to ikea and dont have any room!

shittest go is that now if the seats go down, there are subs in the way. if you only have that one sub and dont have that much DOOFDOOFDOOF, you could just screw it on the sub box for easy dismantling. did you upgrade speakers? or just chuck in an amp?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Just amp. It was given for free. So i took it. Tbh I don't care abt sound quality too much when driving.
    As when driving I want to hear my exhaust or traffic like ambulances n that.
    Plus It's a car not a studio, It's audio properties are never gonna be perfect unless I covered the edges with foam and didn't drive it.