Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    lol if u want a demo of sound theres plenty on you tube if u want me to make one
    just let me know, id be more than happy to make a sick intake noise video lol

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    please

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I just did this mod to my new CD5. Made a hell of a difference.

Took all three resonators off, leaving the stock intake pipe and air box and replacing the OEM filter with a K&N panel filter.

Took it for a long drive, and the induction noise is sweet! Noticeably louder, especially when VTEC kicks in.

Nice cool passage of air from the fender well now as opposed to the maze the air had to travel through before (which was already hot to begin with).

Btw, previously I had a short ram intake AND a cold air intake on my old CD5. I must admit that although not as pretty, my modified stock air box seems to work much better.
    Last edited by xenonkuraz; 27-09-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

I got a K&N Panel Filter after i removed everything and it goes great. Sounds much throatier. Gets a bit dirty though if u drive it on dirt roads and crap. But cos its a K and N its easy to clean

qGreat thread,

does anybody consider that at least 4kg of weight is removed from the right side of the car as a gain in itself?

its also worth noting that you may want to reduce the cleaning intervals to 3-5000klm for the air filter, now that your air is coming from the inner guard & no resonator to act as a pre-filter. The fitment of a stainless steel mesh (i use HD SS Fly screen) should be mandatory, can attach to the air box inlet or screw / rivet into underside of the chassis. The latter then allows you can then incorporate a bell-mouth to incease velocity in the air box.

Note: dc2 ITR moved the air intake into the guard & ? removed the resonator (my memory is failing), it was one of the features at its JDM Launch........ so this may be a good mod after all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord Vti-S
    xenon, do u rkn u can get some pics up??

im interested...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    good job glazewolf.

if anyone wants pics or needs help doing it in melb pm me

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Accord (cd5)
    Bit of an old thread, but I thought I'd share

Today I had to take my front bar off and so I figured whilst its off I'd rip out my lower intake resonator. I left my stock intake box as is, it's getting all the air from where the res was so that's sweet.
    After it was taken out I re-setted my ecu by just taking battery terminals off and took it for a drive. There's defiantly a difference in low end response. Engine felt so relieved and happy

Note: You definitely have to re-set ecu, otherwise it revs all funny
    Automotive Photography - www.mhemming.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord Vti-S
    I did this shortly after getting my car. Didnt really notice at the time, but I now find the car is really unresponsive at low revs (below approx 2300k). Cant really remember if it was like this with the resonator still attached...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Accord (cd5)
    Quote Originally Posted by ash_dhs View Post
    I did this shortly after getting my car. Didnt really notice at the time, but I now find the car is really unresponsive at low revs (below approx 2300k). Cant really remember if it was like this with the resonator still attached...

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Reset ur ecu. Shud fix it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord Vti-S
    Resetting the ecu is just disconnecting then reconnecting the battery isnt it? Because I have done that heaps of times, so it would have to be reset by now...

For example I find that if I shift into say 3rd gear at 3000rpm, it is really slow/unresponsive until it gets to around 2300rpm in 3rd...Like even if I floor it there is a loud noise coming from the intake but its not throaty and I cant feel the power until around 2300ish rpm

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Accord (cd5)
    Hmm yeah duno hey :|