Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    should just do the cold air induction while you're at it...
    the induction noise you hear now is only 10% compared to what can be achieved without the air box
    CAI - Well Visually, the air now going into the airbox is coming from the bumper - the inlet into the airbox, is far lower than the "snail" inlet. Living in Darwin, a CAI is probably a little too dangerous (see 440mm of rain in one day last week...)

The box for K&N filters suggests 4.x CFM for a panel filter and 8.x CFM for a pod in terms of air flow.

The thing I like about the current sound is the ability to cruise and accelerate incognito, as long as you dont go beyond 80% ish throttle - perfect for transporting older family members.
    But, when the urge takes me - (i.e. every single time I drove alone) full throttle sounds rorty, but another decibel or two would be nice.

The K&N panel filter costs $144 new from Repco. Can anyone recommend it for improved response, bang for buck wise?

(I expect negligible or zero actual power increase. )

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Being a k&n it is probably going to be an oiled one...

I recommend if you want an aftermarket panel filter, look into dry type ones like Apexi. They will have higher cfm and cheaper too. And less maintenance.

Btw, just by putting in a better filter you will get an increase in power due to better air flow, although as you say negligible. But still something
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Thanks again, Xenonkuraz.

Its curious and I'm entirely convinced, but it seems after a few days of driving the intake resonance is quietening down.
    Still feels the same and the idle and mid range are still sweet and clean, but I think intake resonance I experienced in the first day or so is starting to reduce.

Anyone else experience this or should I lay off the booze?

I've had a look at APEXi and they look good - but I cant see an Panel for an Accord, and not on ebay either. Did they ever make one for a CD5 airbox?
    Last edited by Holy Frog; 23-02-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Hrmm maybe I was mistaken. I did have apexi panel filters for my other cars...

Stick a cone filter on for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Frog View Post
    Its curious and I'm not entirely convinced, but it seems after a few days of driving the intake resonance is quietening down.
    Still feels the same and the idle and mid range are still sweet and clean, but I think intake resonance I experienced in the first day or so is starting to reduce.

Anyone else experience this or should I lay off the booze?
    Ok a few days later - and Im fairly definitely convinced that something changed gradually, to reduce the resonance. Although its still there and the car sounds great - its definitely quieter than it was on day 1 and 2.

I have investigated a F22B1/2/3 Apexi and the closes they can get is an F23 motor one, which is completely different. I should probably go the cone filter.

You're used to the sound

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    what sugz said