Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    yeah u can get a panel filter to replace the oem filter. it does make a difference. I dont think there is a point to make a custom pipe, it is already drawing air from the bumper in front of the wheel arch. i was thinking of making a bellmouth for that pipe from the stock airbox though, it may make air flow into the pipe better.

Newcomer Array
    interesting thread, I might do the same thing as you guys, keep the stock intake box but just remove the resonator. So you've got to take of the cover of the right wheel arch to do it? Timewise, how long did it take for you to do this? It might take me twice the time
    Could it be, that Honda designed the intake of air to come from the engine bay, because it would reduce the chance of rain water getting into the intake? If we take the resonator (or white box) off, is there a risk of the car sucking in water on a wet rainy day? Or is it quite sealed and dry from within the bumper?

thanks for your help guys,
    Alan

it would be pretty hard. if you take the resonator off, the opening of the pipe from the intake box is almost at the same height as the stock intake opening. therefore, if you're gonna get dunked in that much water, you're probably gonna be screwed regardless.

probably about 10-20mins depending on what tools you have.

pull the air intake inside the engine compartment directly upwards, then go look at your wheel arch cover, and take off all the trimmings necessary to get that out of the way (on the later model, the front bumper lip and the engine cover gets in the way so you'd want to unscrew those too), two screws mount the white resi to the inside guard wall, i think they are 12s. undo them, the whole thing drops downward, put the covers back on, you're done.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord turbo
    post pic?? on how to do it

Moderator - here to help Array
    invest in a haynes car manual for your accord. its only 30(?) odd bucks at repco.

or u could just look around the wheel arches, under the grille and under the front bumper for bolts. unscrew them, take off the bump and you will see the resonator. unscrew all the bolts thats holding the resonator and put the bumper bar back on. its that easy. :thumbup:
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

filo there's no point. my accord has a different bumper to yours anyway so there's a chance some things are different. i know the bumper lip is different, the engine covers may also be. look and try. if its not the right bolt or screw just screw it back in and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    Stupidly though instead of filling up the same petrol to compare the before and after performance, I filled up with vortex and now the car seems a bit less responsive at low revs (below 4000)- did anyone else find this? Or is the car just less surgey and I'm just feeling it to be less responsive?

What does other ppl who've done this before think...

Just a thought... could it be your clutch wearing out? That happened to me when my clutch was worn out. Crap low-end, power starting to come back after 3k~4k rpm.

nah its not the clutch, thanx neways

Newcomer Array
    Viperx and co.
    Thanks for the info in this thread, I have now removed the resonator (white box) from my car. It took me ages, cos I didn't have the right tools. I think I will need help if I ever attempt to put the white box back on!
    Have reset the ECU, noticed a difference when accalerating. Perhaps I'll notice more when I put in a k&n , how much does it cost, gotta save up!

Also, while I was taking the air filter box out of the engine bay to clean, I just thought of an idea, not sure what you guys think about this? What if you were to drill some holes at the bottom of the air filter box, would that help increase air intake, and make a difference?

thanks again,
    Alan

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Won't make a noticeable difference I reckon.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTI-s
    so in overall oppions it is a good idea to remove your resonator (white box) or not i dnt want "just the load roar power would b nice 2! lol

And is resettin the ECU as simple as disconecting the battery and reconecting it??

cheers
    CD5 SloLowRider

地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au R.I.P

yeah pretty much ZC. btw all- i just checked my box the other day and I had a hole half burnt thru my HKS filter. I think it might have been a ciggy butt or ash that I drew up into the airbox. Its certainly something i drew up cuz its at the front of the box, on the underside of the filter (where the intake is). you would have thought it would have been safe drawing air from the inner guard. bloody h_ll.