Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9

Vti-R turning off whilst driving, anyone have the ECU error codes?

Hey everyone, need help with my 94 vti-r. It just turned off whilst driving, have had the NRMA come take a look and he said its got no spark and a prob with either the distributor or coil.....just changed the coil...still not starting!!!!!

Have been trying to work out if it is the distributor or not...error code i get from the ECU is 1 long flash, 8 short flashes...this shows up as the abs blinking though...not the check engine light as i have read it should? I could be wrong but would really appreciate it if anyone knows what to do from here!?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    okay so i figured out my abs needs fixing and that can't be why the car isn't starting? Does anyone have any other ideas? no check engine codes come on at all!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    link didn't work

search "distributor"

threads started by "ECU-MAN"

in the "DIY" section

can't believe I'm spoon feeding you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    ignition switch maybe?
    your dash light on when you turn the key?

Quote Originally Posted by altong0840 View Post
    ignition switch maybe?
    your dash light on when you turn the key?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
    he said its got no spark
    no...

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    could be the icm in the dizzy?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    amazing how these are all coming up now... check my thread in the technical area

my dash lights do not come on at all even with the battery jumped... ive not had any time to look any further as im jammed with other stuff atm...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    check the ICM, its probably dead

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    from my understanding ignition system is pretty much (forgive me if the order is wrong?)

Ignition Switch, Battery, Ignition Coil, Ignition Control Module, Distributor, Leads, Plugs.

Normally you just keep ruling them out one by one (in any order) until you find the culprit.

ICM and ignition coil are both part of the distributor so if you have cash to burn you could replace the entire distributor in one hit and rule out all three but it may be costly depending on where you go.

if you are getting a CEL look it up in google. one long flash plus 8 short ones would be code 18 yeah?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015