Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux

MRGU's club spec Euro CL9

Hello everyone, I have purchased this black 2006 CL9 Euro Lux in Nov 2010 from Essendon Honda.

Completely stock with darkest window tinting from Tint a car for 500 dollars

purchased the slim silver plate for 220 from vic road

purchased the m3 stlye spoiler on ebay for 70 dollars

purchased cusco front strut brace and front lower tie bar from JDM concept for 350 dollars got it installed at DSC honda

purchased Progress rear sway bar from ebay for 250 shipped

19/3/2012
    Rims sprayed into Guntemtal Grey ($320) + Installation of Modulo Kit ($200)

j's intake + Weapon r header + FLP 100 cell cat review:

acquired those from a member here, made a huge difference for being auto too.. i am so enjoying driving euro now. much more responsive compare to stock. definitely a grab for whose whose looking at bolt on mods with decent improvment. start to feel the difference when rpm hits above 3k with a dencent tone coming from the header. if drive like normal, you wouldn't notice a difference in sound at all, only when u put ur foot down..and......very hard to describe. overall satisfactory. currently have a stock catback which restricts the flow and makes no noise at all.

gear change at 4.5 k rpm compare to 3.5 to 4k rpm when foot down. minor improvment to low-mid end torque. 0-60 not much of a difference ...70-120 made a wow feeling now. waiting for the fujitsubo catback now which supposingly increase the low to mid end torque without drone...

Pivot Raizin Voltage Stablizer review:

This is a $40 replica Pivot Raizin voltage stablizer I bought off ebay after consulting with Fred...Which ended up with the similar result I would acuqire with the genuine one.

Was quite inpressive with such a small mod. car starts a lot smoother and definitely improved the acceleration process. Sound qulity remains unchanged due to the fact I have got the oem audio system

the shakness is gone?? could just be me.. cheap but worth doing mod. especially with these ground wires. definitely a difference in there u can feel

Nst pulley ($180 from SNYPZ)review:

Acquired this NST pulley set off SNYPZ ( great to deal with ). The pulley set consists Alternator pulley and Crank pulley and a belt.

I didn't change the crank seal ( was told not necesserily need to change it). Belt is in VGC.

car revs up a lot quicker now up to prob 4k rpm. then header kicks in ....wow feeling .like a unleashed bull....at some stage. can't drive it too hard tho.. would end up in change the engine mount otherwise.

It's lot lighter than the oem crank pulley...no wonder lost so much torque and power

just need a set of Fujitsubo now ( in the process of talking to Yonas ). then I am done..

not gonna touch the coilover until car hits 13000km

Overall performance review with all mods done mentioned above:

Car accelerates better. esp when overtaking. without the lag compare to vw.haha

high end torque much much better esp when coming out of eastern freeway onto hoodle st. floor it on an auto and u will take a GTI with no problem...bloody DSG.

Sway bar and strut brace holds the car well best example of coming out of eastern freeway onto hoodle st at night that 90 degree turn ...can take it with 70km/h now. would be better with coilovers but still good enough ( not as good as my prelude)

car feels a lot smoother now with voltage stablizer. If drive in a normal manner ..wouldnt notice any difference in sound. can be driven like a ricer as well.. I d like to keep 2 options handy. Hence the Fujitsubo..

WS2 no longer on my list..can't stand the tumble...dull..and annoying ..and not full stainless steel....Fred s got the poiont straight

Genuine sports pedal ($230 from Japan) review AT:

Acquired this set not too long ago. The installation is fairly easy with Foot rest pedal (simply lift up the old one slowly and replace it with the new one) and Brake pedal ( slip off the old rubber pedal off and replace with with new ones and bolt it on with four allen-srecws). Had the acceleration pedal done at DSC Honda for $20 ( you need a driller and Rivet gun )..$20 is worth the time and effort...feels much solid with the brake pedal now( I drive with bare foot) ...foot rest feels and looks better...

Genuine JDM door sills ($274 from Japan)review:

This arrived this morning from Japan. The installation is super easy. Took me about 30 mins to do. Peel the blue cover off is a pain in the neck. I didn't manage to do a perfect job due to it's poorly designed pattern(not very Honda at all). Overall give the car a better sense of luxurious touch, by saying that though, would defnitely look hotter on a black interiored CL9 Lux with pedals.

The following mods are done at Sleeping performance in Dandenong by Josh.

"Had all the parts installed at Sleeping performance, Josh is a really nice guy, very knowledgable, excellent customer service and jobs are done nicely and was charged way cheaper than other mod shops. THANKS CHAMP! Highly recommend"------MRGU

Bandix GCT front pads and rear pads ($77 for front and $60 for rear from Vic performance parts) review:

The GCT is set of perfect oem replacement pads, nothing too aggressive here, very very soft. It matches perfectly fine with slotted discs. However, I would consider EBC Green when this set is done.

Tein SS damper ($650 from IQEVA8) review:

Tein ss is definitely a good choice for me. It has the oem softness with improves handling when cornering and through bumpy roads(eliminate bodyroll and more feedback from the road). By saying that, It is stiffer than oem ones. In regards to auto leveling sensor, I just cabled it. It hasn't affected anything yet. Finger crossed, The ride drop is ideal for me which is just to close the gap.

DBA T3 4000 slotted front rotors ($350 from Vic performance parts) and DBA 4000 series rear rotors ($243 from Vic performance parts) review:

"This is the ultra rare DBA 4000 series rear rotors for CL9 which shares same code with current T2 rear rotors (2511s), these are called 42511s, which has been discontinued by DBA. Perfect match for T3 front rotor".

The set of slotted discs from DBA are a must own if you want to improve the appearance of your euro and if you wanna upgrade your brake system without spending big bucks. The car is more responsive when braking with GCT pads, definitely bang for the buck. T2 is more than enough by saying that.

Fujitsubo catback ($1400 from Japan) review:

"It's awesome, not too loud which I like, If you want a loud exhaust sound you'll be disappointed though"------ Steven from Ozhonda who installed his Fujitsubo on 15/06/2013

My fav item of my euro, it sounds 200% better in person than YouTube. You noticed a low to mid gain between 2k and 4k. Not too much but it picks up and sounds sexy between this range. Beyond 4k rpm, it is purely engine grunting which doesn't agree with what the fujitsubo website has stated. Full stainless and discontinued made it a must have item for your CL9. Last opinion, it makes the car feels more luxurious especially when starting up, not too quiet, but not too loud. It blends in with the remaining chrome pieces on your car very well(door handle , chrome surrounding, chrome grill). Sounds like a DSG somehow at the moment.

Painted front and rear calipers review:

Remember the wrx red calipers from the latest s-edition or club spec11? I have got them too. You need to flush the line which consumes just under 1L brake fluid to be able to paint it properly. Looks 100% better now. Clear coat at last.

2007 CL9 AT ECU reflash review ($500)

As you may know, Fred has recently reflashed my ecu for my 2007 Accord euro AT with IHE and Simon Chen's 2004 AT with intake and catback.

Before the reflash, the car drives like a boat in terms of mobility and acceleration as some of you may have suggested. Even with IHE, it is a struggle to keep up with certain cars at the lights. It feels heavy, not as nimble, not that responsive, feelss like there's a filter between accelerating process and throttle , commonly known as throttle lag.

After the reflash, it gives the car a whole new life! The change is instantaneous, with simply plug and play which no tune was required, the car feels more alive! More aggressive with WOT, gear change more smooth, low to mid range torque gain wins my heart. All thanks to the elimination of the throttle lag ! Simply by tapping the accelerator pedal and off you go!

This mod is truefully bang for the buck, you gain more satifaction from doing this mod then header or anythingelse

JDM cup holder review:

Thanks to Billy Cee, I finally got around to get one of those genuine jdm cup holder with actual spliter not the crappy push and flap ones. it's deeper and there is a foam at the bottom of it to keep the drink cool or warm? when i have two bottles of water sitting there and cornering at 75km/hr, it did not move! I have leather vinyled it to match the theme.

UKDM rear fog light review:

I am always a fan of rare option which we don't get here with AUDM euros. This is a fine example, got it off ebay.uk this FL rear fog light has trufully fulfilled my satisfaction for my car to be unique from others on the road. There are less than 10 of them (Note it is the Facelift version) on australian roads. Simply plug ur reverse light bulb into it and light up when in reverse. Very happy Jane

PWR transmission cooler review:

This is a very useful supporting mod if u occasionally mountain or track race with your mildly modded auto euro. Definitely a piece of mind and will keep the auto tranny in a good nick

Spoon rigid collar review:

IMO this mod helps eliminate the unwanted movement when going through bumpy road. Not too much of a difference u can actually feel but collaborate with the rest of your body enforcement mods such as coilover and strut bar and RSB

Okada ignition booster coil review:

The car drives more smooth and overall improvement has been noticed with extra km ou get out of a full tank

fly power 6 piston+330mm rotor bbk setup review:

Coming soon

RAYS Re30 18x8.5 with Conti CM5 review:

Coming soon
    Last edited by mrgu; 06-04-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Are you going to lower the car? it will look good

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RotaRX View Post
    Are you going to lower the car? it will look good
    @3ROtaRx: definitely mate. car 's got 81000km on the clock. when it hits 120000kms.i will change to the BC or tein SS coilovers
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Nice, is there a big difference after you installed the front lower tie bar?
    Im looking forward to doing the rear sway bars sometime soon..
    anyways, progress is looking pretty good

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RotaRX View Post
    Nice, is there a big difference after you installed the front lower tie bar?
    Im looking forward to doing the rear sway bars sometime soon..
    anyways, progress is looking pretty good
    There is a big difference after installing the strut barce+ lower tie bar+ rear sway bar

I can't tell the individual performance as I have done the whole lot toghter, but I have read a post on a forum saying you should do strut brace with lower tie bar (2 point will do)
    to achieve maximum performance. But its handling is nowhere near my BA5 prelude after what I have done to it( front +rear sway bar front + rear strut brace + kyb shocks with king low)
    a set of nice coilover will overcome it I think

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    looking good bro i finished installing the modulo kit today finally lol saved my self $$ by doing it my self and of course
    with your help looks beasty now =D let me know when your going to get the weapon R headers im keen for them once i get the money

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor90 View Post
    looking good bro i finished installing the modulo kit today finally lol saved my self $$ by doing it my self and of course
    with your help looks beasty now =D let me know when your going to get the weapon R headers im keen for them once i get the money
    Hey simon, u got ur sides and rear installed too? haha. does look good mate. I will definitely let u know about the weapon r header! modulo is a must due to the over populated euro on the streets. only way to distinguish ur euro with others is the modulo kit and rims and personalised number plate

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    yeh lol all done man finished today could of finished in one day but got too lazy and dark lol yeh looks way better than the original sports kit in my opinion !
    coilovers soon > rims then weapon R !

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Just wonder why you'd want BC over Teins Street Basis (which IIrc is slightly cheaper, and JDM).
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I got quoted 1250 shipped which is not too bad. Still deciding cos mine oem has only done 81900km

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    nice work dude! how much you pick the car up for?
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Where is DSC honda? hows their prices?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars