Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux

Unhappy CU2 Major Tyre Issue

I think this issue may have been raised a while ago, but I need some updated advice and help with my problem. In October last year I had a 25,000 km service and my tyres were rotated for the 1st or 2nd time (not sure). After picking the car up I immediately noticed a whurring tyre noise coming from the front. It was very noticeable at around 80 - 100 kmph. At first I thought it was due to the different tyre wear pattern between front & rear and it would eventually settle in. Instead the whurring noise became more noticeable at most speeds but worse between 80 - 100 kmph, then after a couple of months I decided to book the car in with the dealer to have it looked at. Shortly after I booked the car in the Service Manager called me back and told me that this is known common problem with the CU2 due to the fact that it has a severe negative Camber on the rear wheels which causes excessive wear on the inside of the rear tyres. He advised that the CU2 has been engineered and designed this way to enhance the cars handling qualities. He further advised there was nothing they could do about the situation and the only solution was to get new tyres and rotate them every 5,000 kms or adjust back the negative camber which would decrease the cars handling. I was then told not to bother bringing the car in! I'm a fair bit pissed by this situation. The tyres are the original Michelins the car was fitted with from new, they have plenty of tread left and still look brand new. Has anyone else had this situation happen to them? Any solutions or advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    Last edited by luvmyeuro; 12-03-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Well I drive a CL9, but I find that the front inner side of my tyres wear out a lot faster than the rest. I'm currently on 45k km. Inner tread has been near bald for the past 10k km. The rest of the treads look like they'll last me another 20k km. I asked Honda about this and was told it's normal due to the toe in nature of FWD (I think it was in). In the end though, if I drive spiritedly on a track, I guess I would change the tyres, but for the majority of the time, the loss of inner tread to me doesn't really affect my braking or daily driving performance. At worse, it'ld effect the maximum corning potential, but on the road, you shouldn't be driving anywhere near that anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyeuro View Post
    I think this issue may have been raised a while ago, but I need some updated advice and help with my problem. In October last year I had a 25,000 km service and my tyres were rotated for the 1st or 2nd time (not sure). After picking the car up I immediately noticed a whurring tyre noise coming from the front. It was very noticeable at around 80 - 100 kmph. At first I thought it was due to the different tyre wear pattern between front & rear and it would eventually settle in. Instead the whurring noise became more noticeable at most speeds but worse between 80 - 100 kmph, then after a couple of months I decided to book the car in with the dealer to have it looked at. Shortly after I booked the car in the Service Manager called me back and told me that this is known common problem with the CU2 due to the fact that it has a severe negative Camber on the rear wheels which causes excessive wear on the inside of the rear tyres. He advised that the CU2 has been engineered and designed this way to enhance the cars handling qualities. He further advised there was nothing they could do about the situation and the only solution was to get new tyres and rotate them every 5,000 kms or adjust back the negative camber which would decrease the cars handling. I was then told not to bother bringing the car in! I'm a fair bit pissed by this situation. The tyres are the original Michelins the car was fitted with from new, they have plenty of tread left and still look brand new. Has anyone else had this situation happen to them? Any solutions or advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    rotate the tires very regularly is the only solution sadly.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    I've never heard of this before and haven't had any problems. I have the Michellins as well.

That being said the tyres get rotated every service.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Take your car to a DECENT aligner.Eg.not Bob Jane etc.I know a good one in Sydney but that's of no use to you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Does anyone know a Decent Aligner in the outer S.E. subs of Melbourne?

Have you checked the tyre pressures? Are they directional tyres?
    Most directional tyres are noisy and you can't flip them around.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Ther're non directional and tyre pressures are ok.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Pedders do a much more thorough job at alignment than Bob Jane ever will. You for it though.

i use the Nitto Invo tyre.. quiet as hell, sticky and wears very well.. and i drive it like it was stolen... was it?!?!?

edit: and i also get pedders to align my car. and track prep too
    -Stage 2 CT S/C-kit K-Pro-Merc Racing Custom Aftercooler kit-550cc injectors-J-Tune Headers and 3" exhaust-J's racing ETD-Injen CIA-Tein SS coilovers-17" Enkei RP03 SBC-Level 2.9 shafts-Kaaz LSD

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    How much does wheel alignment at Pedders cost?
    I just clocked over 5000km and I'm going to rotate the tyres soon. When do I need to get the allignment checked?
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    If their non directional you could try putting the left rear on the right front and the right rear on the left front. That may help.