Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RC-1
    I got the same Humm / Whooring noise coming from the front left tyre as well..

anyone got solutions?

Checked on the dealer, and they mentioned it something to do with the tyres...

I'm just a bit paranoia if it's something to do the wheel barrings... (still under warranty)

any suggestions?

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    The Michelin Primacy HP in 235 45 18 tyres that come oem with CU2 luxury is asymmetrical. you can rotate front right to left rear and front left to right rear. or front to back. which ever tickles your fancy but X rotation is probably better.

the rear suspension design on the Euro does run on some camber, but nothing extreme like -2 degrees plus.

best way to prevent any problem is to rotate them regularly and get wheel alignment check from a trusted place (Sydney has 2: Heasmans and Spinning Wheel Tyres).

i myself am still searching for Brisbane's equivalent of wheel aligner though as i will need a check soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    The Michelin Primacy HP in 235 45 18 tyres that come oem with CU2 luxury is asymmetrical. you can rotate front right to left rear and front left to right rear. or front to back. which ever tickles your fancy but X rotation is probably better.

the rear suspension design on the Euro does run on some camber, but nothing extreme like -2 degrees plus.

best way to prevent any problem is to rotate them regularly and get wheel alignment check from a trusted place (Sydney has 2: Heasmans and Spinning Wheel Tyres).

i myself am still searching for Brisbane's equivalent of wheel aligner though as i will need a check soon.
    Just 2? I beg to differ...lol

Alignment will help with this issue, however there isn't much factory toe adjustment so if the camber is getting much past 1.5 degrees neg then you should look at getting a camber and toe adjustment kit.
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    How much camer does the stock cl9 and cu2's run? It as hell looks like a lot.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Depending on the age of the car i've seen them range from 1.25 through to 2.5 neg

Mazda 3 and Ford Focus have the same issue.

The suspension is tuned for understeer, but its also designed not to turn into lift off or snap oversteer, this is where the rear camber comes in - static negative camber means that when the load becomes lateral the rear wheel stands up and ensures that full tyre contact is as close as possible.

Downside is camber wear - drive your car harder and enjoy more even tyre wear!
    OHSC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Hey guys check the below link which takes you to a Thread from Blue Euro in November 2010 which covers the Rear Negative Camber Tyre issue I might be having. I'm interested in everyones thoughts ? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ferrerid=32724
    Last edited by luvmyeuro; 13-03-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    That thread shows you the need for regular wheel alignments.

You should really check the alignment as soon as the car is picked up from the dealer. We see alot of pre-delivery vehicles in the workshop and many have incorrect toe settings with alot of them toeing out severely.
    OHSC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    That thread shows you the need for regular wheel alignments.

You should really check the alignment as soon as the car is picked up from the dealer. We see alot of pre-delivery vehicles in the workshop and many have incorrect toe settings with alot of them toeing out severely.
    Senna, can you recommend any good aligners in S.E. Melbourne ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    You could try Bridgestone Rowville - thats east melbourne i think isn't it?

I've spoken to Stewart there a couple of times and he seems like a good guy that doesn't talk crap! Can't say i've ever been there though!
    OHSC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    You could try Bridgestone Rowville - thats east melbourne i think isn't it?

I've spoken to Stewart there a couple of times and he seems like a good guy that doesn't talk crap! Can't say i've ever been there though!
    Thanks Senna, Rowville is the bordering suburb to Dandenong, it is a little east but not too far from me, about 20 ks. I might give Stewart a call and see what he thinks. The noise coming from the front tyres is driving me nuts and I'm not enjoying my drive at the moment. Cheers.
    Last edited by luvmyeuro; 17-03-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    No probs - perhaps when you change tyres you can try something with a harder compound, it may not feather the tread blocks as easily, but handling will not be as good as soft compound...
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Every time I get wheel alignment, it's ALWAYS out. Certainly worth while getting done every 10k-15k kms.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F